The John M. Mutz Philanthropic Leadership Institute is a cohort style training program designed to identify new leaders, increase bandwidth of philanthropists, and develop talented individuals for future leadership to their organizations and to their community.
The Mutz Institute was created to identify and develop transformational philanthropic leaders in Indiana. It provides a continuing education and leadership training experience that encourages the development of a talent pipeline for philanthropists in Indiana. Class sessions will be action-oriented and practical to teach participants how to use necessary skills to enhance their roles in philanthropic organizations. With each Mutz Institute cohort, we aim to:
- Create a diverse network of philanthropic leaders in communities throughout Indiana.
- Bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to the existing philanthropic community.
- Support emerging philanthropic leaders through educational and professional development.
- Elevate Indiana’s philanthropic field.
About the Mutz Institute Cohort
Successful applicants to the Mutz Institute will possess self-motivation and strong character. They will have achieved recognition for service in their community or performance in the field of philanthropy and will have shown a willingness to serve others. Successful candidates should demonstrate the potential for future success and service to their communities, as well as a willingness to translate the benefits of the program into a greater level of participation in philanthropic organizations.
Every effort will be made to have a diverse class composed of individuals with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. We anticipate fielding a class from among:
- Foundation professionals
- Corporate social responsibility professionals
- Foundation and nonprofit board members
- Emerging family foundation members
- Nonprofit professionals
- Those wishing to improve their skills and understanding of the practice of philanthropy
Mutz Institute 2021 Calendar
February 16: Held in Indianapolis in conjunction with IPA Day at the Statehouse
March 22-25: Held in Washington D.C. in conjunction with Foundations On The Hill (optional/additional costs apply)
Disclaimer: The Mutz Institute 2021 calendar is as posted. Every effort will be made to minimize revisions and/or adjustments. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, particularly in relation to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, adjustments or revisions may be necessary and participants will be notified accordingly.
- Tuition: $1,000 for IPA members; $2,500 for non-IPA members
- Annual Event Table Commitment: $1,000
- Expenses related to optional trip to Foundations On The Hill in Washington, D.C.: $1,500 (estimated)
How to Apply
The application below includes detailed instructions about how to apply. Applications for the 2021 Mutz Institute Cohort are due October 30, 2020.
Please contact Holly M. Davis with any questions.
The Mutz Institute is made possible by the generous support of Lumina Foundation.