The John M. Mutz Philanthropic Leadership Institute is a cohort style training program designed to identify new leaders, increase bandwidth of philanthropists, and develop talented individuals for future leadership to their organizations and to their community.
The Mutz Institute is made possible by the generous support of Lumina Foundation.
Our Mission is to Identify and Develop Transformational Philanthropic Leaders in Indiana.
Mutz Institute will provide a continuing educational and leadership training to encourage the development of a talent pipeline for philanthropists in Indiana.
- Create a diverse network of philanthropic leaders in communities throughout Indiana.
- Bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to the existing philanthropic community.
- Support emerging philanthropic leaders through educational and professional development.
- Elevate Indiana’s philanthropic field.
Mutz Institute class sessions will be action-oriented and practical to teach participants how to use necessary skills to enhance their roles in philanthropic organizations.
About the Mutz Institute Cohort
Successful applicants to the Mutz Institute will possess self-motivation and strong character. They will have achieved recognition for service in their community or performance in the field of philanthropy and will have shown a willingness to serve others. Successful candidates should demonstrate the potential for future success and service to their communities, as well as a willingness to translate the benefits of the program into a greater level of participation in philanthropic organizations.
Every effort will be made to have a diverse class composed of individuals with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. We anticipate fielding a class from among:
- Foundation professionals
- Corporate social responsibility professionals
- Foundation and nonprofit board members
- Emerging family foundation members
- Nonprofit professionals
- Those wishing to improve their skills and understanding of the practice of philanthropy
Please find our application below and contact Holly M. Davis with any questions. The 2021 schedule will be released soon and locations will take into account the health and safety of our participants amidst COVID-19.