Health Disparities Collaborative Meeting on Mental Health
This IPA Health Disparities Collaborative meeting focused on community mental health initiatives. The group looked at two community case studies: the Stigma Free Fishers Task Force, a community mental health initiative launched by the city in 2015, and Bienestar Sin Fronteras, which looks to address and minimize mental health access disparities in the uninsured, under-served Latino population in Northeast Indiana.
- Dr. Paul Halverson, IU Fairbanks School of Public Health
- Meg Distler, St. Joseph Community Health Foundation
- Amy Lowry, CareSource
- Dr. Stephen M. Strakowski, MD, IU School of Medicine & Executive Director, Stone Center for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Scott Fadness, Mayor of Fishers
- Alice Jordan-Miles, Bienestar Director