Welborn Baptist Foundation Opens the 2020 Early Learning Grant Cycle
Welborn Baptist Foundation announces the launch of its 2020 funding cycle in the Early Learning Community Impact Area beginning Monday, March 9th.
The Welborn Baptist Foundation is committed to investing in nonprofits and collaborations that promote Early Learning while meeting critical needs to achieve the following community changes:
- More children arrive at kindergarten ready to learn.
- More third graders will meet or exceed grade-level benchmarks for school success.
Furthermore, the Foundation supports the work of nonprofits and their collaborations through these main priorities:
- Family Engagement – Helping families understand the importance of early learning and equipping them with best practice parenting tools.
- Provider Effectiveness – Equipping early learning providers with the tools to create high-quality learning settings
- Affordable High-Quality Enrollment – Providing scholarship resources towards efforts to make high-quality learning environments more accessible to families.
- Academic Supports – Funding programs by non-school community partners focused on narrowing the learning gap among elementary school students.
“The Foundation has supported Early Learning initiatives since day one,” says Patrick Jackson, Early Learning Program Officer. “Research shows that Early Learning programs that serve children birth through eight are directly linked to improved child outcomes, family outcomes, and community outcomes.”
To learn more about Early Learning, access resources, and apply for funding, visit welbornfdn.org. Inquiries may be submitted beginning Monday, March 9th through Friday, April 17th.
The Foundation’s grant process will be conducted exclusively online. Organizations whose Inquiries are approved will be invited to submit formal proposals, with grant recipients being announced in December 2020. More information about the Welborn Baptist Foundation’s approach and grant process is available at welbornfdn.org.