Lt. Gov. Crouch, FSSA announce 24 Golden Hoosier Award recipients
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Today, Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch, in collaboration with Indiana Family and Social Service Administration’s Division of Aging, announced 24 senior citizens received the 2020 Golden Hoosier Award.
“So many of our senior citizens are exceptional role models in their communities and these 24 Hoosiers have made long-term commitments to volunteering in their neighborhoods, towns and cities,” Crouch said. “These unsung leaders make positive impacts on the lives of others and improve the overall wellbeing of our state. Thank you for all your service and answering the call to give back.”
Crouch said the award began in 2008 and annually honors Hoosier senior citizens for their years of service and commitment to the state.
This year’s Golden Hoosier Award ceremony will be held virtually at 1 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020, and can be watched by going to https://www.IN.gov/lg/2532.htm.
The following individuals are this year’s Golden Hoosier Award recipients:
- David Andrews – Schererville;
- Cheryl Ashe – South Bend;
- Frieda Bolin – Winslow;
- Dorothy Carswell – Bourbon;
- John Cotter – Linton;
- Morton Dale – Leavenworth;
- Margrit Figg – Martinsville;
- Helen Mundy Hudson – Crawfordsville;
- Betty Huelsman – Oden;
- Jack Kahn – Bloomington;
- Roger Kelley – Ellettsville;
- Patricia Kinnett – New Castle;
- Evalena Kuntz – Batesville;
- Terry and Alicia Mardis – Danville;
- Michael McCutcheon – Valparaiso;
- Tim Meyer – Warsaw;
- Shirley Stallworth Moorehead – Gary;
- Danny Nelson – Brownsburg;
- Linda Ozier – Warsaw;
- Cynthia Streich – South Bend;
- Irvin Stumler – New Albany;
- Keith Swanson – Hanna;
- Joe Swope – Columbus; and
- Robert Wulliman – Winona.
For more information, contact GoldenHoosiers@fssa.IN.gov.