IPA Welcomes 2020 Board Members
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) has appointed Rich Haddad of K21 Health Foundation as its new vice chair and welcomes Dawn Brown, Chris Guidry, Pamela Ross, and Jeff Small as new members to its board of directors. These community leaders will be instrumental in guiding our organization in the first year of a new strategic plan and supporting IPA’s efforts to improve life across Indiana.
“As a member of IPA since 2007, I’ve seen tremendous impact by IPA for not only its members and our missions, but to philanthropy as a whole,” said Haddad. “Indiana continues to lead the way in the Midwest and IPA is a major part of that impact. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve as IPA’s 2020 board vice chair.”
IPA’s 2020 Board Officers
- Chair: Linda Speed, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Southern Indiana
- Vice Chair: Rich Haddad, President & CEO, K21 Health Foundation
- Treasurer: Charles (Chuck) Dunlap, Executive Director, Indiana Bar Foundation
- Secretary: Tracy Souza, President & CEO, Heritage Fund/The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County
Newly Named Directors to IPA’s Board for a Three-Year Term Beginning January 2020
- Dawn Brown, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Grant County (serving as ex-officio)
- Chris Guidry, Vice President of Philanthropy, Strada Education Network
- Pamela Ross, Vice President of Opportunity, Equity & Inclusion, Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Jeff Small, Vice President of Programs, Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
“As a new board member, I look forward to furthering exploration of our place in the work of equity and inclusion,” added Ross of Central Indiana Community Foundation.
“There’s nothing more rewarding than working with generous people who want to change the world, or at least their small corner of it,” said Brown of the Community Foundation of Grant County. “I look forward to working alongside Indiana’s greatest thought-leaders to leverage Hoosier generosity.”
“I look forward to working on behalf of IPA to support the powerful work being done by IPA members in communities across the state,” shared Small of Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust.
IPA’s Continuing Board Members for 2020
- Shannon Borden, Director, Blue & Co.
- Jill Carpenter, President & CEO, Community Foundation Alliance
- Zachary Kester, Executive Director & Managing Attorney, Charitable Allies
- Stephanie Overbey, Associate Director, Kosciusko County Community Foundation
- Theresa Farrington Rhodes, Executive Director, Buckingham Foundation
- Margaret (Maggi) Spartz, President, Unity Foundation of LaPorte County
- Cheryl Taylor, President, Foellinger Foundation
- Jenna Wachtmann, Program Officer, Ball Brothers Foundation
Members of the IPA Foundation Board, which manages programs, projects, and funds to support the goals and functions of IPA, include:
- Keira Amstutz, President & CEO, Indiana Humanities
- Charles (Chuck) Dunlap, Executive Director, Indiana Bar Foundation
- Rich Haddad, President & CEO, K21 Health Foundation
- Dr. Pete McCown, President, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Tracy Souza, President & CEO, Heritage Fund/The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County
- Linda Speed, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Southern Indiana
“I look forward to working alongside our new board class,” said Claudia Cummings, IPA President and CEO. “Insight from these experienced philanthropy professionals will be instrumental as we enter the first year under IPA’s new 5-year strategic plan.”