IPA Welcomes 2023 Board of Directors
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, the largest networking serving philanthropy in Indiana, is pleased to announce the slate for its 2023 Board of Directors.
“The 2023 board brings a combination of experience, varied viewpoints, and commitment to philanthropy that will serve members of IPA well,” IPA President and CEO Claudia Cummings said.
New officer elections include Maggi Spartz as board chair and Jeff Small as vice chair. Stephanie Overbey and Timothy Murphy return in their roles as secretary and treasurer, respectively.
“I joined the Indiana philanthropic field soon after IPA was formed,” Spartz said. “I am honored to take the helm of the board of IPA, the organization that champions, supports, and connects members as we transform Indiana through effective philanthropy.”
IPA also welcomes four new board members: Maria Fruth, Joshua Kornberg, Tina Peterson and Tami Wenning. Each are eager to take part in the important work ahead.
“IPA plays an essential role in activating and accelerating the impact of philanthropy in our state,” Peterson said. “I am honored by this opportunity to support IPA’s mission for the benefit of many.”
“I am elated to join the IPA board as we work to serve foundations and advance philanthropy throughout the state,” Kornberg added. “Substantial investments are being made in every corner of the state that present opportunities for public and private partnerships. As Indiana continues to solidify itself as a destination, philanthropy will continue to play a pivotal role in our communities.”
Wenning serves as an important voice for the community foundation field and joins the board as an ex-officio member under her new role as chair of the Community Foundation State Committee.
The 2023 IPA board is comprised as follows:
- Chair: Maggi Spartz, President, Unity Foundation of La Porte County
- Vice Chair: Jeff Small, VP of Programs, Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- Treasurer: Tim Murphy, Principal, Nonprofit Financial Solutions
- Secretary: Stephanie Overbey, CEO, Kosciusko County Community Foundation
- Shannon Borden, Director, Blue & Company Foundation
- Jill Carpenter, President & CEO, Community Foundation Alliance
- Dan Davis, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Jackson County
- Maria Fruth, CEO, Healthcare Foundation of La Porte
- Rich Haddad, President & CEO, K21 Health Foundation
- Brienne Hooker, Executive Director, Jasper Newton Foundation
- Joshua Kornberg, Executive Director, Caesars Foundation of Floyd County
- Thomas Major, Jr., Associate General Counsel, Lumina Foundation
- Tina Peterson, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County
- Pamela Ross, VP of Community Leadership & Equitable Initiatives, Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Bill Stanczykiewicz, Senior Assistant Dean for External Relations & Clinical Associate Professor, Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Cheryl Taylor, Consultant, Taylor Leadership Consulting
- Jenna Wachtmann, Vice President, Ball Brothers Foundation
- Tami Wenning, Executive Director, Decatur County Community Foundation (Ex-Officio)
Members of the board for IPA Foundation, which manages programs and funds to support the goals and functions of IPA, include:
- Keira Amstutz, President & CEO, Indiana Humanities
- Dr. Pete McCown, President, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Tim Murphy, Principal, Nonprofit Financial Solutions
- Stephanie Overbey, CEO, Kosciusko County Community Foundation
- Jeff Small, VP of Programs, Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- Maggi Spartz, President, Unity Foundation of La Porte County