IPA Welcomes 2022 Class of New and Returning Board Members
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, a membership association uniting foundations, corporate giving programs and other social investors, has announced its new board class for 2022. This includes one new officer and three new members to its board of directors.
“This board is made up of thoughtful and highly regarded philanthropy professionals,” said IPA CEO Claudia Cummings. “They each bring a range of diversified knowledge and their expertise will allow for essential conversations on and action toward our communities’ most pressing issues.”
Elected to board treasurer is Timothy Murphy, principal of Nonprofit Financial Solutions. In this position, Murphy replaces retiring board officer Charles Dunlap, executive director of Indiana Bar Foundation.
"On behalf of the IPA board of directors, we would like to thank Charles Dunlap for his term of dedicated service," added Cummings. "Our organization has dramatically strengthened under his tenure."
Murphy commented, “As a finance professional that has served a number of foundations over the 30 years of my career, I look forward to being a part of enhancing IPA’s service to the philanthropic community.”
New members serving three-year terms beginning January 1 include Brienne Hooker, executive director of Jasper Newton Foundation, and Bill Stanczykiewicz, senior assistant dean for external relations and clinical associate professor of Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
September McConnell, CEO of Community Foundation of Whitley County, is appointed ex-officio director of the board in her role as chair of the Community Foundation State Committee. McConnell replaces Dawn Brown, CEO of Community Foundation of Grant County.
“Indiana Philanthropy Alliance in an invaluable resource of information, technical assistance and advocacy, serving and strengthening the philanthropic sector in the Hoosier State,” said Stanczykiewicz.
“I value IPA’s commitment to causes that affect our sector and their commitment to work that supports, protects and charges us forward to make real change,” shared Hooker of Jasper Newton Foundation. “I look forward to offering my experience to help move IPA forward to fulfill and grow its mission in Indiana and the Midwest.”
2022 IPA Board Members:
- Chair: Rich Haddad, President & CEO, K21 Health Foundation
- Vice Chair: Cheryl Taylor, Board of Directors, Foellinger Foundation
- Treasurer: Timothy Murphy, Principal, Nonprofit Financial Solutions
- Secretary: Stephanie Overbey, CEO, Kosciusko County Community Foundation
- Shannon Borden, Director, Blue & Co.
- Jill Carpenter, President & CEO, Community Foundation Alliance
- Dan Davis, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Jackson County
- Rachel Goodspeed, Foundation Relations Manager, CareSource Foundation
- Brienne Hooker, Executive Director, Jasper Newton Foundation
- Thomas Major, Jr., Associate General Counsel, Lumina Foundation
- September McConnell, CEO, Community Foundation of Whitley County
- Pamela Ross, Vice President of Opportunity, Equity & Inclusion, Central Indiana Communi-ty Foundation
- Jeff Small, Vice President of Programs, Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- Margaret (Maggi) Spartz, President & CEO, Unity Foundation of LaPorte County
- Bill Stanczykiewicz, Senior Assistant Dean for External Relations, Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Jenna Wachtmann, Vice President, Ball Brothers Foundation
Members of the IPA Foundation board, which manages programs and funds to support the goals and functions of IPA, include:
- Keira Amstutz, President & CEO, Indiana Humanities
- Rich Haddad, President & CEO, K21 Health Foundation
- Dr. Pete McCown, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Timothy Murphy, Principal, Nonprofit Financial Solutions
- Stephanie Overbey, President & CEO, Kosciusko County Community Foundation
- Cheryl Taylor, Board of Directors, Foellinger Foundation