Indiana Arts Commission Receives $1.1M Grant from NEA
The Indiana Arts Commission, an IPA member, was approved for $1,112,000 in funding from the National Endowment for the Arts Fiscal Year 2022 Partnership Agreement to address identified state-level priorities.
These funds will support the arts in areas such as cultural tourism, community revitalization, economic development, education, and health and human services.
“Through our work with state and regional partners, the National Endowment for the Arts can extend its impact, reaching even more communities throughout the nation, providing opportunities for all of us to live artful lives,” NEA Chair Maria Rosario Jackson, PhD, said. “The arts contribute to our individual well-being, the well-being of our communities, and to our local economies. The arts are also crucial to helping us make sense of our circumstances from different perspectives as we emerge from the pandemic and plan for a shared new normal informed by our examined experience.”
Partnership Agreement funding awarded to the Indiana Arts Commission from the NEA will be utilized to positively impact the cultural, economic, and educational climate of Indiana through regranting and other programming in service of arts and creativity in the state.
In addition to the Partnership Agreement funding to the Indiana Arts Commission, the NEA announced the following grants to Indiana communities and organizations:
- Indiana University, Bloomington (Bloomington, IN)
- $20,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Music
- Indiana University, South Bend (South Bend, IN)
- $10,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Media Arts
- City of Columbus, Indiana (Columbus, IN)
- $75,000 - Our Town - Design
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre, Inc. (Fort Wayne, IN)
- $10,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Theater
- DePauw University (Greencastle, IN)
- $15,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Music
- Artmix Inc. (Indianapolis, IN)
- $20,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Visual Arts
- Indiana Performing Arts Centre, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN)
- $20,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Musical Theater
- Indiana Repertory Theatre, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN)
- $20,000 - Grants for Arts Projects - Theater
- Honeywell Foundation, Inc. (Wabash, IN)
- $10,000 Wabash, IN - Grants for Arts Projects - Music
For more information on the projects included in the Arts Endowment grant announcement, visit arts.gov/news.