Heritage Fund Awards $372K to Local Nonprofits
Heritage Fund -- The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County recently awarded $372,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations from the unrestricted Community Fund as part of its third-quarter grants cycle.
Grant recipients were:
- Developmental Services, Inc. -- $40,000 for the construction of a new modular classroom to allow for expanded programming options.
- kidscommons -- $100,000 over two years as a contribution to its $500,000 capital campaign for the build-out and installation of a new exhibit.
- Foundation For Youth -- $102,000 to fund new staff positions to help with increased demand for services, space and fundraising.
- Sans Souci -- $70,000 over two years to fund the incremental cost of management positions in the areas of Human Resources, Operations, Human Services and Outreach.
- Advocates for Children -- $60,000 over two years to create a full-time Director of Development position.
Each year, through the generous support of community members, Heritage Fund distributes approximately $600,000-$700,000 in grants to local nonprofits from the Community Fund. Community Fund grants help Heritage Fund to meet emerging needs in Bartholomew County in the areas of Youth Development, Substance Abuse, Neighborhood Revitalization, Innovation and Creativity and Welcoming Community.
For more information, contact Kyle Hendricks, Manager of Community Impact, at 812-376-7772.
About Heritage Fund
Heritage Fund – The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County was formed as a community foundation in 1976 with the purpose of continuing a legacy of giving by providing an opportunity for all citizens to make gifts and establish charitable funds to benefit the local community. It was created primarily to: provide responsible stewardship of gifts donated for broad charitable purposes; promote leadership to address community issues; serve as a catalyst for positive change in partnership with others; and promote philanthropy broadly within the community.