Hendricks County Community Foundation Halfway through Phase 2 COVID-19 Response Grant Match
Hendricks County Community Foundation (HCCF) announced a matching grant opportunity to seventeen organizations totaling $154,000 to continue to support the needs of local nonprofits as a result of COVID-19. These grants are unrestricted but require a $1 to $1 match to encourage charitable giving from our community to support their fundraising efforts. The Community Foundation is now halfway through this campaign which ends on December 31st and wants to ensure that all the nonprofits are able to meet their matches.
Gifts to the following organizations will be matched $1 for $1 up to the full grant amount per organization:
- Friends of the Hendricks County Historical Museum. $3,250
- Girls Nite In International - $2,500
- Hendricks College Network - $5,000
- Hendricks County 4-H & Ag. Fair Assoc., Inc. - $ 20,000
- Hendricks County Arts Council - $2,500
- Hendricks County Senior Services - $20,000
- Hendricks Regional Health YMCA - $20,000
- Hope Healthcare Services - $2,500
- Leadership Hendricks County - $5,000
- Learning Trails & TheraTails Inc. - $5,000
- Level Two Inc. - $5,000
- Meals On Wheels of Hendricks County - $ 1,250
- Rock Steady Boxing of Brownsburg - $3,250
- Sheltering Wings - $6,250
- Strides to Success - $20,000
- Susie's Place Child Advocacy Center - $12,500
- Sycamore Rehabilitation Services - $20,000
Giving to these organizations results in supporting individuals, projects, and development in our community. Around one-third of all nonprofit donations occur in December alone, with an average of 10% of a nonprofit's annual giving occurring between the 29th and the 31st of December. HCCF is encouraging everyone to make a year-end gift locally in Hendricks County this year.
"Year-end giving provides an opportunity for donors to give back during the holiday season" said Eric Hessel, Vice President of Programming at HCCF. "This year, more than ever, our local nonprofits need our support to be able to continue to serve our county. Giving to these organizations not only supports our local nonprofits, but it provides the donor with an opportunity to double their contribution."
These organizations have until December 31, 2020, to meet their match, and payments will be distributed to nonprofits as the match is met or by January 15, 2021.