AWS Foundation Announces $855K in Grants
Friday, May 27, 2022
AWS Foundation recently awarded $855,238 in grants to 14 non-profit organizations that benefit individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities in northeast Indiana. These organizations include:
- Arts United – $8,110 to add performers with disabilities to the 2022 Taste of the Arts Festival.
- Choices Coordinated Care Solutions - $30,000 to support CONNECT Allen County Navigation.
- Community Choirs of Huntington County - $5,000 for Joyful Songsters.
- DeKalb Co. Eastern Community Schools - $46,545 over three years for the Northeast Indiana Special Education Cooperative Teacher Academy.
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre - $16,500 for Project Lights Up.
- Fort Wayne Dance Collective - $105,000 over three years for the Dance for Diverse Abilities program.
- Healthier Moms & Babies - $30,000 over three years for early interventions for better birthing outcomes.
- HearCare Connection (dba GiveHear) - $120,000 over three years for pediatric hearing services.
- Indiana Family to Family - $37,000 for the northeast Indiana family support center.
- Jesters of University of Saint Francis - $75,000 for operating and strategic planning.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association - $15,000 for MDA summer camp scholarships for families from northeast Indiana.
- NeighborLink Fort Wayne - $50,000 for projects and collaborations for accessibility.
- Trustees of Indiana University - $302,083 over three years to support children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and behavioral challenges.
- Winona Lake Limitless Park - $15,000 for a water accessibility feature.
About AWS Foundation
Founded in 2007, AWS Foundation supports a wide range of organizations and service agencies in northeast Indiana working to develop a community in which people with enduring intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities are engaged fully and meaningfully in all aspects of community life. For more information, visit awsfoundation.org.