AWS Foundation Announces $464,884 in Grants
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
The AWS Foundation recently awarded $464,884 in grants to13 non-profit organizations that benefit individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities in northeast Indiana. These organizations include:
- A Rosie Place for Children: $25,000 to expand respite services to Northeast Indiana.
- Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum: $6,820 for Access Days.
- Audiences Unlimited: $14,064 for a performance arts program at Life Adult Day Academy and purchasing virtual technology.
- Blue Jacket: $12,500 to implement partnerships for stronger employment outcomes.
- Camp Red Cedar: $59,000 to upgrade the A/V system in their activity center.
- Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana: $12,500 for the Fort Wayne Abilities Collaborative to provide inclusive social and sensory friendly events.
- GiGi’s Playhouse: $30,000 for career development programming.
- Glorious Gate Rowing Association: $50,000 for adaptive rowing expansion.
- Headwaters Counseling: $15,000 for staff training, organizational collaboration, and operating support.
- McMillen Center for Health Education: $25,000 for Varied Abilities Days.
- Mental Health America: $165,000 over three years for their Volunteer Advocates for Seniors and Incapacitated Adults program.
- One Heart Disability Ministry: $5,000 for the Joyful Noise Choir.
- The League: $45,000 for operating support.