IPA supports a strong partnership between government and the nonprofit sector and represents the collective voice of philanthropy in Indiana to policymakers.
IPA serves as a leading voice with policymakers at the state and national levels on regulatory and legislative issues affecting Indiana philanthropy. We believe philanthropy has a unique ability to innovate, incubate, and deliver results. Importantly, philanthropic co-investment and partnership with government leverages our resources to benefit communities around the world.
Our advocacy work falls into three areas:
- Inform members about public policy impacting philanthropy and the nonprofit sector
- Educate policymakers about the work of foundations
- Advocate for public policies that promote the health and vitality of the philanthropic sector
Our strategies to deliver this important work are to:
- Encourage and support foundation engagement in the public policy process
- Connect foundation leaders with each other, policymakers, and other concerned stakeholders to advance specific policy reforms