We support learning and professional development among our members by offering educational programming on relevant, timely topics. Our workshops, webinars, and conferences focus on effective practice, emerging issues, and trends in the field.
We provide opportunities for members to connect with one another through funder networks. Members connect with local grantmakers and policymakers representing their congressional district during our popular Legislative Luncheons. Affinity groups connect grantmakers from across our state who share a particular funding interest or professional role. IPA also supports listservs that facilitate communication among members.
News & Research
Only IPA provides news, resources, and research tailored to the needs and interests of Indiana grantmakers. Our team of experts is here to answer your questions, track down research, and get you where you need to go. Have a research request? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IPA is an active voice representing philanthropy and protecting the grantmaking environment. IPA represents philanthropy at both the state and federal level. We help our members build vital relationships with their legislators through various IPA-hosted events, including Day at the Statehouse, Foundations on the Hill, and our Legislative Luncheons.
Our members receive discounted pricing on a variety of products and services. To learn more about these discounts and to receive discount codes, contact Becky Honeywell at 317-630-5200 Ext. 111.
- Learning Services: Discounted rates on educational programs offered by IPA and its local, statewide and national partners
- IU's Fund Raising School: IPA members receive a 15% discount* on tuition to IU’s Fund Raising School, which has been dedicated to the advancement of ethical fundraising for more than 40 years. Members need to call the school for a discount code to enter when registering online. *Please note that the discount applies to all of The Fund Raising School public courses except the courses that are part of our partnership with the School for Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA). These SPEA courses include: Financial Analysis for Nonprofit Leaders, Nonprofit Management for the 21st Century, Program Evaluation for Mission Impact, and Strategic Planning and Nonprofit Leadership.
- Foundation Legal Help Desk: The Help Desk is designed to provide foundations with access to answers to legal questions related to the operations of a foundation, and is available for an annual fee
- D&O Insurance: Discounted rates on insurance programs by Affinity Nonprofits and The Hartford, which offers D&O insurance, health insurance, Fiduciary Liability, AFLAC plans, long-term disability coverage, cyber security, and more
- Job Listings: Free job listings, which are promoted on the IPA website, newsletter, and social media
- Institute for CSR: Member rate to the Institute's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) certificate program. The Institute of CSR is in its fifth year and boasts a rock star faculty, nearly 100 alumni from some of the world’s most recognizable brands, and impressive partners in Johns Hopkins University, Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation (the nonprofit arm of the largest business network in the world!).
- CommunityForce: Application Lifecycle Management designed to automate your Scholarship and/or Grant application process. IPA members will receive a 5% discount on implementation services for new clients. For discount call 571-293-9773 or email, and mention you are an IPA member.
- Bromelkamp Company: Through a special arrangement with Bromelkamp Company, IPA members are eligible for a 5% discount on Akoya.net integrated and customizable grants management software.
- ClickTime: Discounted price for online time tracking and expense reporting. ClickTime allows you to track employee time against the programs and grants you manage, ensure compliance, drive increased funding, and manage expenses.
- ReadyTalk: Access easy‐to‐use audio, web, and video conferencing at discounted rates
- RingCentral: 15% discount on RingCentral’s comprehensive VOIP phone system, webinars, and audio and video conferences that can be managed from any computer or smartphone, and get a $50 discount off all RingCentral‐offered phones. Connect all your employees and locations on the same phone system and take your business anywhere with free phone and desktop apps.
- PhilanTrack: Streamline grants management with a 10% discount on PhilanTrack for Grantmakers, which saves time and money while achieving a better return on grants.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy: IPA family and private foundation members, as well as community foundations with assets under $100 million, can access NCFP’s Family Philanthropy Online Knowledge Center (FP Online) and webinars for free
- Directory of Indiana Grantmakers: Discount on an annual subscription to our Directory of Indiana Grantmakers, an online portal used to target other funders.
- GuideStar: 20% off all GuideStar products, including GuideStar Premium and Pro, Financial SCAN, GudeStar Nonprofit Compensation Report, and GudeStar Charity Check. Contact us for the discount code.
- The Foundation Review: 20% subscription discount on the first peer‐ reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards and those who work with them. Each quarterly issue provides peer‐reviewed reports about the field of philanthropy.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: $10 off annual subscription. SSIR's mission is to advance, educate, and inspire the field of social innovation by seeking out, cultivating, and disseminating the best in research‐ and practice‐based knowledge
- Exponent Philanthropy: 20% discount on the following publications:
- The Foundation Guidebook: This signature publication is written especially for newcomers to foundations or philanthropy. Gain the baseline knowledge to operate your foundation, including board responsibilities, tax/legal issues, admin details, investment matters, grantmaking, and more.
- The Trustee Handbook: A comprehensive resource for foundation trustees and key staff, you’ll find detailed guidance on foundation governance, grantmaking, tax and legal issues, and financial oversight and investments.
- Foundation Operations and Management Report: Exponent Philanthropy’s flagship report includes more than 60 pages of mission-critical benchmarking data about foundations’ boards & governance, investments, administration, and grantmaking.
- Alliance magazine: 20% discount on new print and digital subscriptions. Contact IPA for a discount code you can enter during checkout. Since 1998 Alliance magazine has been the leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector.
- Kris Putnam-Walkerly 2018 Webinars: 20% discount on the Live Stream Video Series for Funders. This 6-video series explores provocative new ideas in philanthropy and provides concrete tools and strategies to get more impact from every charitable dollar. Members can use the code UPF20 to apply the discount.