HFBC awards Community Fund grants
Heritage Fund’s Board of Directors approved the following grant awards to deserving organizations whose programs benefit the residents of Bartholomew County. All grants were awarded from the Community Fund. Each year, through generous support from community members, this fund distributes approximately $500,000 to nonprofits through a competitive grant application process.
Grant recipients were:
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation -- $100,000 over four years to support the Counseling Counts community initiative. Counseling Counts seeks to implement best practices in counseling efforts to ensure students are emotionally healthy in order to achieve academic success.
- CSA Lincoln Elementary School -- $50,000 to upgrade their school playground to create an outdoor learning space for students and a safe, accessible play space for the downtown community.
- Just Friends, Inc. -- $8,305 to engage consultants in the transition from their current care model to Person Centered Care, which focuses on the individual needs and interests of each program client.
- Landmark Columbus, a program of Heritage Fund -- $100,000 to support the execution of Exhibit Columbus. Exhibit Columbus is an annual exploration of architecture, art, design, and community. Beginning Aug. 26, 18 site-responsive installations will be open to public in and around downtown Columbus. Over 20,000 people are expected to visit the installations this fall.
- Thrive Alliance -- $27,400 in match dollars for a state housing grant that will support the construction of three single family homes in downtown Columbus.
For more information, contact Heritage Fund at 812-376-7772.
About Heritage Fund
Heritage Fund – The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County was formed as a community foundation in 1976 with the purpose of continuing a legacy of giving by providing an opportunity for all citizens to make gifts and establish charitable funds to benefit the local community. It was created primarily to: provide responsible stewardship of gifts donated for broad charitable purposes; promote leadership to address community issues; serve as a catalyst for positive change in partnership with others; and promote philanthropy broadly within the community.