Community Foundation of Boone County Matching Grant Results in $850,000 Injected into Boone County-Serving Nonprofits
In 2020, the Community Foundation of Boone County (CFBC) launched a community matching grant initiative to continue meeting the broad, increased needs in Boone County. CFBC awarded $125,000 in matching dollars to the 2020 participating nonprofits. Due to the success of the 2020 program and the consistent unmet local needs, CFBC continued this program in 2021.
In June 2021, CFBC received applications from 28 Boone County-serving nonprofit organizations for the community match grant program—almost a 60% increase from 2020. Collectively, the participants fundraised a staggering amount of $680,000. Of those dollars, CFBC matched nearly $170,000, resulting in a total of $850,000 injected into the participating 27 nonprofit grantees!
“To see the major impact this program generated amongst these 27 participants is unbelievable”, said Jodi Gietl, President & CEO for the Community Foundation of Boone County. “This is one of the reasons we love Boone County so much. The residents continue to support nonprofits addressing local needs and realize that every single donation makes a difference!”
One of the grantees, Love INC, talked about the impact of this grant with CFBC. “Thanks to the CFBC grant and the donations received as part of the matching opportunity, we were able to expand services beyond the limited funds available in our budget to help pay rent and utilities, purchase hotel stays and other needed items, and provide more food to the pantries we support.” – Marcia Overfield, Co-Executive Director, Love INC
Below is the list of the 2021 Community Matching Grantees. Click on their names to visit their website, learn about their mission, and give!
- Black Box Theatre Company
- Boone County 4-H Club
- Boone County Cancer Society
- Boone County Mentoring Partnership
- Boone County Senior Services, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
- Brick Street Poetry Inc.
- Friends of the Thorntown Public Library
- Humane Society for Boone County
- Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library Foundation
- ILADD, Inc. (Independent Living for Adults with Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities)
- Indiana Canine Assistant Network
- Isaiah 117 House Boone County
- Lebanon Educational Foundation
- Love Inc., of Boone County
- Mental Health America in Boone County
- Morning Dove Therapeutic Riding
- So Big Mountain House Maternity Home
- Sugar Creek Art Center
- Sugar Creek Historical Society
- SullivanMunce Cultural Center
- The Caring Center
- Western Boone Education Foundation
- Wishing Wings
- Zionsville Cultural District
- Zionsville Education Foundation
- Zionsville Lions Park
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF BOONE COUNTY
Since 1991, the Community Foundation of Boone County has granted over $27 million from its various funds to nonprofit organizations and programs working to solve critical challenges in Boone County. Through the generosity of donors, the Foundation currently holds over $28 million in assets and awards an average of $1 million back into the local community each year. In the past 30 years, we have worked with donors to create permanent funds for charitable giving. The establishment and growth of permanent endowment funds will strengthen Boone County for generations to come.