Joining our network gives you access to a powerful group of peers and their expertise. You will have opportunities to learn, share, and grow as part of a vibrant and diverse community.
Contact Becky Honeywell (317.630.5200 ext. 111) with questions about IPA membership.
Share the Journey
Philanthropy is a shared journey. Our member network connects you with fellow philanthropists, facilitates shared learning, and fosters powerful collaborative work that builds stronger communities—in the Indiana and beyond.
Make Better Decisions
Grantmaking isn’t the same everywhere. Only IPA provides insight and research into Indiana-specific grantmaking information, best practices, salary surveys, and more.
Save Travel Time & Money
Great in-person education and idea sharing doesn’t have to require long and costly travel. IPA offers cost-effective, in-person and virtual education and networking within easy driving distance of your office.
Protect Your Abilty to Make Effective Grants
Ignorance may be bliss—but not when it comes to legislation and regulation. Only IPA monitors, advocates, and protects your philanthropic and grantmaking interests with Indiana governmental officials.
See the many benefits of becoming a member here.
IPA membership is open to:
- Any not-for-profit corporation or trust, a principal function of which is the making of charitable grants, and which either has its principle office in Indiana or makes substantial grants for charitable purposes in Indiana
- Any for-profit corporation which makes grants for charitable purposes in Indiana
- Government agencies that make grants
- Regranting organizations operating on a state or local level (including United Ways; hospital, university, and other operating foundations; and statewide intermediaries)
- Giving circles
- Professional philanthropic advisors and trust officers
- Other qualified individuals (including retired grantmakers, former foundation board members and students of philanthropy)
If you do not meet our elegibility requirements but would like to support IPA and our mission to transform Indiana through effective philanthropy, please contact Becky Honeywell at 317.630.5200 Ext. 111.
To apply for membership, download, complete and submit the appropriate application:
- Membership application for grantmaking foundations and corporate giving programs
- Membership application for government agencies, regranting organizations, giving circles, professional philanthropic advisors, trust officers, and individuals