The Senior Director will help advance the mission of Miami University by serving as a key leader in the charitable gift and estate planning program. They individual will assist in in planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. In addition, this position will have a set of metrics corresponding to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support of alumni and friends of Miami.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over 120 different fields of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
• Participate in the development and execution of the gift planning marketing efforts
• Effect solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends alone and with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers
• Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faulty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
• Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
• Develop and implement assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
• Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President for Gift Planning.
Bachelor’s degree, five years of experience in development/fundraising, law, financial services, accounting, and/or equivalent
JD preferred; experience working in education setting.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.