Regional Director of Development
Regional Development (Hamilton and Middletown Campuses): Regional Director of Development to help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University’s regional campuses and the College of Liberal Arts and Applied Sciences, the academic division housed at the Regionals, through its major gift program.
- Will be a vital member of the Miami Regionals Advancement team and will work closely with the Senior Director of External Relations and Communications to meet the fundraising priorities and strategic initiatives of the regional campuses and the College of Liberal Arts and Applied Sciences.
- Work closely with the Senior Director in the development of the fundraising’s team efforts and strategies.
- Work closely with the Dean, administrators, faculty and staff to develop a deep understanding of the strategic areas of importance and secure financial commitments from individual prospects
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 60 prospects.
- Develop assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
- Conduct solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends alone and with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of External Relations and Communications under the guidance of its Senior Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years in development/fundraising experience or comparable work or educational experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Willingness to travel sporadically both on a regional and national level and the ability to attend sporadic evening and weekend events
- This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
- Experience asking for and closing major gifts for non-profits in an education setting
- Proven experience in collaborative approach to fundraising
Submit a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496340/. Direct inquiries to Ellen Paxton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins December 9, 2019 and continues until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.