Assists in the grant making process as assigned and advance the funding interests of the Foundation to achieve its mission and vision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Implement Foundation’s grant making activities and guide proactive grant making opportunities and collaborations as assigned
a. Follow established grant making guidelines, processes and compliance.
b. Provide assistance to grant seekers and recipients throughout the grant making process. c. Monitor grant progress and fulfillment through grantee reports and follow up activities.
d. Implement grant file and data management activities to track and report findings, on assigned initiatives and other funding activities.
2. Develop and maintain active relationships and communications with current, future and former grantees.
3. Promote, identify and leverage opportunities for collaboration with community organizations, local leaders and funders as they relate to the assigned initiatives and funding priorities.
4. Represent the Foundation on committees as assigned.
5. Stay current on emerging trends in the disability field, best practices of grant making and other not for profit trends.
6. Contribute ideas and content to the Foundation public relation and communications activities
7. Take on other roles and special projects as needed to support and enhance the work of the Foundation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Outgoing self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, display good judgement and achieve goals on a consistent basis.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently, both verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with leadership, board members and others at all levels within and outside the company.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent planning and organizational skills with clear knowledge of management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong time management and computer skills, including but not limited to use of Microsoft Office programs, PowerPoint, spreadsheets and purchase order systems with the ability to develop, and maintain a budget and capture expenses.
- Must have a willingness and openness to embrace change within the nonprofit sector and in the dynamic environments of technology, social media, brand messaging, and business intelligence.
- Physical ability and willingness to travel locally.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or a related field and five (5) to seven (7) years relevant professional experience in human service, education, non-profits or disability related field.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Those interested should email their resume to Joni Schmalzried at firstname.lastname@example.org