The Environmental Grantmakers Association (EGA) is a non-profit membership organization of over 200 foundations from across North America and overseas. EGA works with members and partners to promote just, effective environmental philanthropy by sharing knowledge, fostering debate, cultivating leadership, facilitating collaboration, and catalyzing action. EGA staff work in a fast paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously. For more information, visit https://ega.org.
Events: The Program Coordinator will help build relationships among members through the support of EGA’s two flagship events (Spring Briefing and Fall Retreat), as well as events in partnership with other affinity groups and members. This will include but is not limited to:
- Working with EGA's Conference Manager and senior staff to support EGA events logistics, generally including coordination of key event elements (eg, meals, field trips, concurrent and other special sessions), management of timelines and benchmarks, assisting with contracts, and speaker coordination;
- Working with communications team to coordinate web-based resources, including event registration sites, event-related web elements (eg, agenda, speaker bios, mobile app, evaluation process, surveys), and ensure excellent printed and outreach materials synchronized across all programs and events;
- Coordinating the planning and production of regional salons and briefings on timely issues of interest to the EGA membership;
- Supporting all administrative aspects for events and ensuring they are operating smoothly, efficiently, and in alignment with EGA’s Racial Equity POV;
- Traveling to relevant philanthropic events throughout the year to help with member engagement and recruitment;
- Administrative work as needed;
- Coordinate relevant fundraising.
At events, the Program Coordinator will be expected to work long hours, manage and collaborate on logistical and technical details with other staff, while engaging with members.
- Coordinate external communications to keep EGA’s website content up-to-date, maintaining member database, and keeping all information fresh and relevant (e.g. photos, videos, etc.)
- Maintain EGA’s listserv to circulate announcements from membership, oversee subscribers, and ensure communications meet established listserv policies
- Coordinate outreach and marketing to membership around EGA events, Tracking the Field program, and the Environmental Fellows Program.
- Providing services and support to the EGA's diverse membership, ranging from large foundations to individual trustees and family foundations.
- Connecting and building relationships with and among EGA members.
- Strategizing and implementing member-initiated networking and peer-learning activities.
In addition to events, the Program Coordinator will collaborate with other EGA staff to support special projects; general administration and additional organizational support as needed.
70% Event Coordination, Member Engagement, and Communications
15% Administration & Organizational Support
- Lived and work experience related to promoting environmental solutions and innovations that respect the dignity and liberation of all people, move systems and structures towards justice, promote inclusive and regenerative economies, and advance healthy ecosystems.
- At least 2 years experience in event planning, project planning, or volunteer coordination, preferably in a nonprofit or philanthropic setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with people and committee processes related to event planning and logistics coordination
- Highly collaborative working style with excellent relationship-building skills and positive contribution to EGA’s organization culture
- Enjoy engaging with a wide range of people in person at events, as well as focusing on small group work and individual areas of responsibility
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a very collaborative work environment
- Highly technologically advanced with the ability to pick up and train other staff on new softwares and systems
- Extremely organized, friendly, creative, self-starting, with microscopic attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure in high profile situations, with patience and a sense of humor
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, work well independently and as a team are essential.
Desired start date: May 2021
Location: New York, NY or Oakland, CA During the pandemic, EGA staff are working remotely, and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to a physical office space.
The candidate must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2 3 hours), lift and move documents and supplies (not to exceed 25 lbs.), and bend to file or retrieve documents.
Benefits and Compensation: Annual salary range is $50,000 to $55,000 commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit your application by completing this form.
No calls, queries, or faxed applications will be accepted.
EGA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.