Leading Philanthropy ~ Enriching Lives Since 1970, The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette has inspired, nurtured, and practiced philanthropy, stewardship, and leadership in the communities it serves. The Foundation embraces its role as stewards of charitable giving and envisions itself as a community catalyst, capable of convening the community and attracting and growing the financial resources required to meet the community’s needs.
The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette (CFGL) seeks a President and CEO to play a pivotal role in the continued growth of assets, grantmaking, and community leadership by the organization. The president and chief executive officer oversees the management and operations of The Community Foundation, guided by the organization’s mission and by its policies approved by an engaged Board of Directors. The President and CEO oversees the grants, fundraising, financial, public awareness, community leadership, and administrative activities of the organization. CFGL is currently responsible for over $60 million in community assets, plus the assets of two supporting organizations that include the Wabash Heartland Innovation Network (WHIN) and a family foundation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record that suggests he/she is capable of providing creative and strategic leadership in all areas of philanthropy, community needs, and will provide visionary leadership to the Board of Directors and staff. Relationships Reports to the CFGL Board of Directors. Works in a team relationship with the Board and fosters constant communication Job Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management, and oversight for CFGL operations.
- Provide leadership and support for two supporting organizations
- Report to the CFGL Board of Directors and foster constant communication with the Board.
- Employ, supervise, empower, and (as necessary) release staff.
- Seek new opportunities to increase the visibility of CFGL.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
a. Board Relations:
- Reports to the Board of Directors;
- Facilitates preparation for Board and Committee meetings, as well as implementation of Board decisions;
- Serves as a consultant on all Board committees;
- Ensures timely and comprehensive flow of information between Board, Committees, and staff;
- Keeps Board and Committees apprised of local, state, and national issues that may impact the Foundation’s achievement of its Mission and Vision;
- Provides for volunteer recruitment, training, and supervision.
b. Staff Relations
- Provides day-to-day leadership, management, and oversight for CFGL operations;
- Employs, supervises, empowers, and releases staff;
- Maintains legally appropriate personnel records;
- Provides and/or facilitates training for staff that ensures professional development;
- Ensures CFGL is adequately staffed, and maintains a succession plan.
c. Community Relations
- Demonstrates ability to develop & maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders;
- Serves as principal public relations spokesperson to the community and CFGL stakeholders in donor development, investments, and grant making programs;
- Manages media relations and information release; •
- Ensures CFGL is marketed to broad and diverse populations.
d. Program Administration
- Provides oversight to CFGL donor development, pooled investments, and grant making programs;
- Maintains expertise in estate planning, planned giving, fundraising, nonprofit management, investments, and related areas;
- Continually cultivates potential and existing donor relationships and donor-driven fund capacity;
- Participates in local, state, and national organization efforts that are consistent with CFGL Mission and Vision.
e. Strategy and Public Policy
- Serves as an effective, proactive, and knowledgeable resource, discussion leader, and convener of CFGL stakeholders;
- Maintains awareness of community needs and interests;
- Collaborates with other organizations;
- Participates in development, implementation, supervision, and continuous evaluation of strategic plan progress and outcomes.
f. Fiscal Management:
- Administers fiscal policies and procedures developed by the Board.
- Supervises the preparation of and adherence to the Foundation's annual operating, capital, and program budgets.
- Supervises operations related to the accounting system, investment reporting, and fiscal records.
- Oversees fundraising events, personal solicitations, and grant writing.
g. Facilities Administration:
- Oversees the daily operation and maintenance of the CFGL office.
h. Other Duties:
- As requested by the Board of Directors.
Education/Experience Essential Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant, effective leadership experience
- Understanding of fund raising & ability to cultivate prospective donors;
- Knowledge of and appreciation for collaboration with other organizations;
- Ability to develop & maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated leadership in convening role for strategy & public policy development;
- Polished presence;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- College Degree or equivalent
- Experience in the not-for-profit environment
- Understanding of estate planning
Cover letters and resumes for this position should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit resumes by September 20, 2019. Background checks are required for employment in this position. The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.