Reports To: President/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) is the nonprofit membership association serving philanthropy in Indiana, working with members to lead change and increase impact. Our mission is to champion, support, and connect members as we transform Indiana through effective philanthropy. We represent philanthropic organizations, companies, and individuals from all 92 Indiana counties. Collectively, IPA membership holds over $20.4 billion in assets and awards more than $861 million in grants each year.
Working in close consultation with the CEO, the Opertions Manager leads the development, implementation, and management of appropriate systems to ensure efficient and effective execution of IPA strategies. They are also responsible for supporting the CEO, managing projects under the CEO’s direct purview, and ensuring the proper coordination of activities.
Principal Responsibilities (essential job functions)
- Collaborates with IPA staff to document strategic activities to advance the mission of IPA andimplements the resulting projects.
- In collaboration with the CEO, works with other IPA staff to develop milestones and metrics related to internal activities and external impacts. Creates and maintains systems for regularly monitoring progress toward project completion, goals, and metric attainment.
- Utilizes project management tools, data visualization software and other systems to manage workflow.
- Lead projects to maximize Salesforce utilization across IPA, including cultural integration and any streamlining or enhancement of IPA’s Salesforce configuration.
- Manages the CEO’s schedule and all related advance work such as research and logistics.
- Works with the CEO to maintain IPA's financial strategy, and with the Director of Office Operations to execute various financial tasks.
- Coordinates IPA grant writing and reporting within a team.
- Manages projects related to general operations and member services, such as streamlining online member resources, executing the operational aspects of the annual membership campaign, and conducting the annual member survey.
- Participates in website maintenance as a member of the IPA website team.
- Manages interns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience to be Successfull
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated extensive success in a substantially similar position.
- Project management experience, including utilization of project management tools to create and manage project plans and workflow.
- Proficient with basic technology platforms and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiarity with diverse software including content management (CRM), customer relationship management, and other systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Self-starter, with ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Proven customer service ethic (internal and external) and high expectations for quality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Unwavering commitment to Indiana Philanthropy Alliance values and mission.
- Proven “whatever it takes” attitude and approach to work.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
Physical Requirements of Position
- Majority of job is located inside an office setting.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Regular use of keyboard.
- Consistent sitting for many hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, and stoop.
- Able to drive or travel statewide occasionally.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employee in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate Indiana Philanthropy Alliance’s “at will” employment status. This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employee in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate Indiana Philanthropy Alliance’s “at will” employment status.