Employed by: Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.
Responsible to: President
Status: Full-time; Salary
The Office manager is a full-time position and requires a highly skilled, experienced professional. General knowledge of fund development and donor stewardship is desired. The person in this position must work collaboratively with staff and volunteers, multi-task, prioritize assignments, work independently in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality.
I. QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED FOR THIS POSITION
A. Professional/Technical Abilities
- Office management skills with appropriate degree and/or experience
- Proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office and relational databases with advanced skills in Excel
- Accounting or related financial experience required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills—verbal and written
- Effective time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Discretion and ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills to work with wide variety of people, including staff, board and donors
- Willingness and ability to work independently
- Problem-solving skills
- Has a comprehensive understanding of organizational operations in order to address fund holder and customer’s questions
B. Personal Characteristics
- Commitment to serve the community and work in a not-for-profit environment
- Maintains professional image
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness and consideration
- Thinks independently and creatively
- Remains flexible and successful within changing environment and demands
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Evidence of dependability and effective work habits
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Manages administrative responsibilities and administrative staff
- Manages general administration of the office; including basic HR and IT responsibilities
- Manages, supervises, and provides back up support of administrative staff handling gift and grant entries and acknowledgement letters, meeting and event processes and correspondence, Board and Committee meetings, listings, correspondence, maintaining electronic and hardcopy records and files, work instructions, board manuals, fund agreements, mail, email, etc.
- Determines needs of both staff and office and purchases supplies and equipment
- Attends Board meetings and ensures Board and Committee meeting minutes are written
- Manages organizational or business entity paperwork in collaboration with accountant
- Maintains HCCF insurances and works with insurance company to ensure timely renewals
- Maintains database to avoid duplication of records and accuracy on donors, prospects and vendors files
- Prepares reports that are regularly scheduled or as requested by fund holders
- Supports staff in their reporting and work needs
- Develops templates for mail merges or exports from database information
- Attends and participate with events as needed in both preparation and event day
- Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects and/or events
- Accounting and Finance
- Creates new funds in the database per the fund set up work sheet. File electronically and hard copy fund agreement and applicable correspondence
- Reconciles and posts administrative staff entries of gifts, receivables and invoiced payables including grants and scholarships
- Prepares and delivers deposits, and maintains records of gifts and receipts using batch reports that accurately correspond to bank statement and deposit slips
- Maintains W9s for all payables (individuals and organizations)
- Regularly reviews bank statements for accuracy and postings of automatic transfers and other transactions and applies stop payments on checks as needed
- Reconciles and posts payables (vouchers, grants, and scholarships) weekly or as needed. Prints checks, matches information to the database, posts, mails, and files back up; additionally voids and re-issues payments when necessary
- Reconciles online gifts/donations.
- Creates fund statements and mailing packets for all funds.
- Retrieves all bank and investment statements on a monthly basis and saves to network drive
- Assists accountant on processes, internal controls, and documentation to ensure proper audit trail and monthly closings
- Assists and manages both auditors and accountant’s requests in a timely manner with annual audits and/or as necessary
- Implements bank and investment signature changes as necessary
- Retains financial, payroll, and other records per the record retention policy timeframe
III. Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with salary standards and work experience
- Competitive benefits program
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the Office Manager. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the President.
The Henry County Community Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.