The Manager of Donor Engagement and Grants is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic, multi-channel approach to donor messaging, engagement and communications. Leveraging a mix of creative writing and marketing skills, this role will gain an in-depth understanding of the organization, advancement priorities, and donors in order to create a compelling strategy for building and developing Early Learning Indiana’s donor base. A critical part of this work will include helping to identify, pursue and shepherd strategic and ongoing grant opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of ELI’s organizational strategy, advancement priorities and current constituent base. Leverage knowledge and insights to inform annual planning efforts.
- Lead the development of donor messaging and communications for key audiences including: individual donors, corporations and philanthropic foundations. Ensure messaging is consistent and compelling across mediums – stories, emails, appeals, grant proposals, event promotions, social media posts and more.
- Create and execute high-impact annual plans that support the team in meeting key advancement goals. Oversee related engagement channels including: email, web, social media, events, etc.
- Maintain high-quality marketing materials and collateral (brochures, presentations, etc.) and content to support demand generation and awareness campaigns (e-books, white papers, videos, blogs, etc.). Partner with the Marketing team and/or external designers, as needed, to design and produce assets.
- Spearhead the drafting, submission and stewardship of grant proposals for the organization, engaging other team members and contract grant writers as needed to support.
- Manage the organizational grants calendar and ensure the maintenance of current records, including contact management, grant tracking and reporting.
- Establish and implement a robust stewardship and communication plan to ensure donors stay up-to-date and engaged in key organizational happenings.
- Institute tools and metrics for evaluating and reporting on donor engagement and the efficacy of various efforts.
- Remain up-to-date in industry best practice and leading efforts for engaging and communicating with donors of all types.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of a grants and donor communications. Adhere to department budget. Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies and streamline processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Philanthropy or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising, development, donor cultivation, grant solicitation or other related field.
- Prior experience in education a plus
- Experience developing and executing a comprehensive marketing and fundraising strategy
- Excellent communication, storytelling and influencing skills
- Familiarity with how nonprofits function, philanthropy and content marketing
- Keen ability to dig into data and translate into actionable insights
- Ability to be creative and think around problems
- Adept at completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to foster strong collaborative relationships working in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled