The Front Desk Receptionist position creates a warm and friendly atmosphere for all guests visiting the Foundation offices or calling by phone. The Foundation wishes its guests to be greeted warmly, either when arriving at the office or contacting by phone.
The Front Desk Receptionist plays an integral role in Foundation communications and, in many instances, the first line of communication with key constituents. As such, this individual is responsible for communicating in a consistent manner with the highest degree of professionalism, assistive behavior and a servant nature. This individual serves as the first line of hospitality to CFEC constituents. The individual in this position will welcome guests, offer and prepare drinks as needed, instruct guests where to hang their coats and notifies staff when guests have arrived. They will answer all incoming calls and route them accordingly. This position will perform light clean-up tasks in keeping with a tidy waiting area and presentable coffee/tea bar. This individual reports to the Executive Assistant/ Office Manager.
- Answer phones, route multi-line telephone calls and take messages.
- Greet visitors of the Foundation in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Mail – sort and route incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail and find the correct address for returned mail.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing lists, contact lists and client information, as assigned.
- Accept deliveries and notify recipients.
- Assist with FedEx packages.
- Prepare documents, reports and correspondence as requested.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Prepare coffee, lunches and snacks and clean-up as needed for meetings.
- Assist in the preparation and clean-up of committee meetings as needed.
- Keep office area clean and tidy
- Keep an adequate inventory of on-hand office supplies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Enjoys community involvement and engagement.
- Enjoys working with people.
- Significantly attention to detail, with strong written and verbal skills.
- Must exhibit numerical, literary and problem-solving skills.
- Must have significant competence with computers, internet skills, MS Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of the FIMS management system is a plus.
- Willingness to go above and beyond what is expected.
- High degree of confidentiality and personal decorum.
- Preference for an individual with knowledge of Elkhart County.
The Foundation has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment. The Foundation reserves the right to change this job description and assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Foundation may deem appropriate. Please feel free to visit our firstname.lastname@example.org.