First Impressions Coordinator
SCOPE OF POSITION: To have a person available who monitors and coordinates the reception activities of the front office for collaborative partners at the English Foundation Building (EFB) (CICF, TIF and WFCI) and is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions. This position is the “voice and face” of collaborative partners located in EFB, providing the initial brand experience contact for visiting constituents. This is a position of importance due to the incumbent’s access to confidential information and plans related to the operation of our philanthropic collaborative. Incumbent must possess highly developed organizational skills and must maintain high standards of ethics and confidentiality. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the CICF reception area to insure effective professional communications both internally and externally, including:
- Greeting and directing visitors to staff; maintaining the front desk at all times.
- Answering and directing telephone inquiries in an efficient and professional manner, addressing all needs of callers,
- Assisting with and coordinating arrangements for in-house meetings for all staff and visitors to the Foundation, including purchasing lunches using CICF credit card when required.
- Receiving, opening, and distributing mail and various deliveries appropriately, including endorsing all checks received.
- Scan and send all invoices received to Accounts Payable.
- Manages organization of all meeting rooms and common areas for EFB, including:
- Managing all meeting space calendars: assisting as needed with space setup, food delivery, technology setup, clean up etc. for all CICF meeting spaces.
- Managing use for all common conference rooms for the English Foundation Building; scheduling use for tenants and staff and coordinating conference room set up with maintenance staff as needed.
- Opening and closing the office each day; maintaining a high level of cleanliness and organization in all common areas; oversight of kitchen etiquette.
- Maintaining the copiers, printers, and postage machine stock (paper, toner etc.) and coordination of repairs as needed.
- Organizing and maintaining onsite storage and supply rooms; keeping inventory of the space and facilitating supply and equipment requests.
- Managing relationships with key Foundation vendors.
- Assists with various administrative projects, including:
- Assisting with various mailings, proposal submission projects, and other administrative support projects as needed.
- Managing the process for sending cards, flowers, and gifts to CICF constituents as needed.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Monitors and distributes incoming requests from the CICF Info link via the CICF website.
- All other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The following are the qualifications and minimum requirements necessary for a person to perform this job.
- Willingness to build knowledge about opportunity, equity and inclusion issues, and how they intersect with race; and advance these core values through your work.
- Pleasant demeanor, demonstrated tactfulness and poise at all times. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Ability to respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands, projects, and personality types.
- Ability to adapt to change and problem-solve issues in a timely manner, exercising good decision making.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet designated deadlines.
- Possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent organizational and independent workload prioritizing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with basic office equipment and extensive knowledge of MS Office products is required.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to travel between multiple office locations and attend off premise events. Possession of a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle.
- Must be full vaccinated against coronavirus, per CDC guidelines.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a similar position.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, some college or business school training is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Home base–English Foundation Building in downtown Indianapolis, plus additional space and expectation of presence in Hamilton County Community Foundation’s Fisher’s office.?
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Central Indiana Community Foundation, The Indianapolis Foundation, Hamilton County Community Foundation and Women’s Fund of Central Indiana are equal opportunity employers that seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and engaging.
Our mission is to mobilize people, ideas and investments to make Central Indiana a community where all individuals have equitable opportunity to reach their full potential—no matter place, race or identity.
Racism deeply impacts the health and well-being of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.