Are you a detail-oriented person who likes working with numbers? Would you like to join a collaborative team that is committed to advancing the vitality of Indianapolis and the well-being of its people? The Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation is dedicated to addressing the city’s most significant challenges and opportunities across three focus areas: Education, Health and the Vitality of Indianapolis.
The Financial and Administrative Manager is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness of the Foundation’s financial and investment records. Additionally, this role is responsible for assisting with financial and compliance reporting, vendor and grant payments, HR, payroll processes and general office administration.
The Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation is a hybrid work environment and offers a generous benefits package, including competitive PTO, paid holidays, a fully funded HSA account and a 401k match. Salary $65,000 - $80,000 annually.
- Undergraduate degree in Business (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- 4+ years related experience
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles, reconciliations and documentation requirements
- Previous experience with computerized accounting systems
- Ability to manage, analyze and summarize large amounts of data
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently
- Develops and maintains a strong internal control environment
- Performs accounting functions related to investments, including reviewing and reconciling reports from investment managers and custodians, recording of investment activity, allocating earnings and expenses and preparing monthly entries
- Submits wiring instructions for capital calls and investments
- Tracks all cash flow activity in money market account
- Records all investment activity and monthly account balances
- Prepares and submits schedules for the required tax filings
- Reconciles all general ledger accounts in a timely manner
- Assist the CFO in overseeing the Foundation’s budgets, completion of required investment documents and the preparation of financial statements
- Processes accounts payable invoices and grant payments
- Drafts Audit and Investment Committee minutes
- Maintains digital records related to accounting, tax and investment transactions
Payroll and Human Resources
- Communicates payroll changes, reviews and approves payroll provider changes
- Assists in the oversight of employee benefits program, onboarding and offboarding
- Identifies opportunities and implements process and office management improvements
- Oversees the Foundation’s corporate credit card program
- Manages office supply inventory
Joining us is a decision to be part of a culture driven by excellence—the communities we serve deserve our best, and we’re committed to creating an excellent experience for all employees. If this sounds like the right workplace for you, apply now!
The Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation is an independent, private foundation awarding grants to tax-exempt organizations serving greater Indianapolis, Indiana.
Additional information about the Foundation can be found at: www.rmff.org.
Please use the following link to apply: https://rmff.exacthire.com/job/110202?source=361