Reports To: President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: President & CEO
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA), a powerful network of foundations, corporations, and other social investors working together to lead change, improve lives, and lift communities through effective philanthropy. As a nonprofit membership association of and for Indiana's grantmaking community, IPA connects members to what they need to grow their impact by providing networking, educational, advocacy, and technical support. IPA represents philanthropic organizations, companies, and individuals from all 92 Indiana counties.
IPA is looking for a skilled director of finance whose mission is to manage and streamline budgeting, payroll, and all other financial processes and reporting. The director will provide thorough financial analysis reports for the president/CEO and the Board of Directors to help improve IPA’s operational efficiency and aid in continued growth.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide comprehensive financial updates by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying organization policies and procedures to industry best practices
- Enhance, maintain, or develop financial controls and guidelines
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Support the development of short and long-term operational strategies
- Maintain HR processes including payroll, retirement benefits, and other related functions
- Monitor investments and provide insights to CEO and Board of Directors as needed
- Manage all financial processes and transactions including AR, AP, financial reporting, annual audit, tax filings, and other related functions
- Oversee relationships with and deliverables from relevant consultants and vendors such as audit firm, insurance brokers, professional employer organization (PEO), and the like
- Work with PEO as internal point of contact for employee communication, onboarding, and exiting
- Assist CEO with certain human resource functions
- Administer the CRM database as it pertains to revenue or other financial processes
- Maintain appropriate segregation of duties
Essential Skills and Experience to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- Highest level of ethical standards
- Three to five years of experience in accounting or related role
- Strong understanding of economic, banking, and investment processes
- Proficient software skills in accounting software and Microsoft Office applications
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Ability to develop financial plans, set priorities, and implement overarching organizational strategies, as well as specific, targeted projects
- Proven customer service ethic (internal and external) and high expectations for quality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to IPA values and mission
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Familiarity with the field of philanthropy or nonprofit sector, or willingness to learn
Salary is competitive. Benefits include group health coverage, which includes dental and vision; life insurance; short- and long-term disability coverage; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer sponsored retirement plan; and paid time off.
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employee in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate Indiana Philanthropy Alliance’s “at will” employment status.