The Community Foundation of Morgan County (CFMC) also representing Kendrick Foundation is searching for a high energy, detail-oriented team player with exceptional time management skills and accounting experience. Our ideal candidate is technically competent, values efficiency and enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people. The CFMC Finance and Stewardship Manager will be responsible for database management, all accounting duties including GL management and financial statements, and the stewardship of donors. The position must work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and non-profit partners and will require the ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, problem-solve and work independently in a fast-paced environment with professional expectations.
1. Finance for CFMC and Kendrick Foundation:
- Manage database (Community Suite and QuickBooks), including policy and procedures, system reports, and supervision of data entry.
- Process checks and deposits for CFMC operating, Kendrick Foundation operating, and over 200 funds through CFMC.
- Plan and be responsible for the annual audit for CFMC and the Financial Review for Kendrick Foundation.
- Complete month end, quarter end, and year end accounting in accordance with GAAP for CFMC and Kendrick Foundation including all reconciliations for annual audit or financial review).
- Compile annual spendable for CFMC endowment funds and contact fund holders annually to request the disbursement according to the Investment Policy Statement.
- Calculate, review, and maintain the annual operating budget for CFMC and Kendrick Foundation.
- Organize and lead all finance committee meetings, including correspondence with the committee as needed.
- Work with investment advisors on all CFMC and Kendrick Foundation’s assets including calculating and requesting drawdowns.
- Keep record and process all W9’s and 1099’s for CFMC and Kendrick Foundation.
- Responsible for producing all CFMC fund statements and publishing to the donor portal 10 days after month end.
- Write and send all tax receipts for donors of CFMC and Kendrick Foundation by January 31st of each year.
- Set up new CFMC funds and update fund purpose and fund advisors as needed.
- Implement and structure all internal accounting controls.
2. Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Printing and handwriting acknowledgement letters according to the stewardship plan and mail or email.
- Use creative and unique techniques to steward current CFMC donors.
- Helping fundholders and donors with questions and concerns.
- File secretary of state filings for funds, CFMC, and Kendrick Foundation.
- Assist in special recognition and gifts for donors.
- Preparing all necessary information for annual reports and communicating the information to the marketing team.
- Create and send new donor packets according to the stewardship plan.
- Work with fundholders on update to the fund or administers of the fund.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with high level of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with discretion.
- Experienced in Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and Fund Accounting Software.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance, and 4-6 years accounting or finance experience.
Characteristics of a strong candidate:
- Motivated by the opportunity to create a highly efficient processes and effective communication throughout the organization.
- Excited to help an organization grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of the community.
- A genuine people person.
- A team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done.
- Eager to learn new skills and expand the scope of your responsibilities.
- Proactive with high-energy.
- Be willing and engaged to help on nights and weekends with events and activities as needed.
- Balance high activity levels with multiple demands at anytime in a fast-paced environment.
Application Requirements by March 12th, 2021 to BBentley@cfmconline.org:
- Please provide a Cover Letter.
- Please provide a resume including work experience.
- CFMC’s Core Values are: Drive, Passion, and Engagement. Please provide with application materials a personal definition of each core value not to exceed 500 words per Core Value.