Located in southeastern Indiana, Switzerland County is a scenic, rural county that offers a comfortable lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of big city life. For the past 24 years, the Community Foundation of Switzerland County Inc. has been helping Switzerland County chart its course into the future. The Foundation has been a faithful steward and effective conduit for charitable giving in the county. Working with donors to create funds that reflect the donors’ charitable goals, the Foundation has been able to provide financial support across all sectors of the county, including social services, youth, senior citizens, education, recreation, arts, culture, animal welfare and community development.
The Community Foundation of Switzerland County Inc.’s office is located in the heart of Vevay, on the second floor of the First Financial Bank. Currently, a ten member volunteer board of directors governs the Foundation and two staff members manage the day-to-day operations. Because of the pending retirement of the current Executive Director, the Foundation is seeking a dynamic, community-oriented leader to build on a strong base of support. The Executive Director should be familiar with charitable giving and able to quickly establish him or herself in Switzerland County.
The Executive Director must be thoroughly committed to the Foundation’s mission to enhance the quality of life in Switzerland County by:
- Encouraging charitable giving in the county – building permanent funds that will provide resources for the needs of today and tomorrow.
- Connecting people and programs – bringing together people’s charitable interests and the funding needs of programs and organizations.
- Encouraging collaboration – forming partnerships and providing servant leadership through programs that enhance the quality of life in our county.
In addition, the Executive Director must bring vision and strategic thinking to the Foundation to achieve optimal impact in Switzerland County. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; substantial experience may be substituted. Experience in a foundation or nonprofit related field a plus.
- Understanding of small communities; knowledge of Switzerland County a plus.
- Enthusiastic leader who is both people-oriented and community-minded.
- Capacity to excel at leading an organization towards positive growth.
- Ability to build durable relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Strong work ethic skills including integrity, accountability, professionalism and self-motivation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Community service experience is a plus.
- Successful relationship building, fundraising and/or philanthropy experience a plus.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.