Ball Brothers Foundation—a private family foundation in Muncie, Indiana—is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant & Convenings Coordinator. Find a brief bio of this position here.
Executive Support: Approximately 70%
- Provides administrative support to the President/CEO, Vice President, and Program Officers; includes managing complex schedules, coordinating meetings, and preparing background materials.
- Serves as initial point-of-contact for inquiries to the foundation.
- Performs a wide range of tasks including report and meeting preparation, taking minutes and tracking action items, maintaining foundation archival records, preparing check requests and supporting budget tracking, and special projects.
- Coordinates production of internal and external communications materials in collaboration with BBF staff and contracted vendors/marketing firm. Drafts, edits, and proofreads official correspondence for President/CEO and other staff as needed.
- Oversees general workflow for staff, including managing daily operations of office—office supplies, equipment, mail, troubleshooting, vendor contracts, insurance oversight, record-keeping/compliance, and limited IT support.
Board Meetings/Grantee Covenings/Events Coordination: Approximately 20%
- Serves as a liaison to board of directors, managing annual calendar of committee and board meetings.
- Designs highly-engaging meeting/convening agendas and coordinates preparation of meeting materials in close consultation with colleagues.
- Coordinates logistics for on-site and off-site meetings, including but not limited to: scheduling, catering, travel arrangements, gathering and distributing meeting materials, facilities logistics, and technical support.
- Supports technology set-up for virtual meetings, including managing participants, troubleshooting technical problems, etc.
Grants Management Support: Approximately 10%
- Responsible for learning full functions of grant management software and providing back-up support to Grants Manager.
The Foundation staff is small, therefore teamwork is an essential part of this position. Successful candidates will demonstrate the following experience and traits:
- Three to five years of relevant, high-level administrative experience in a professional setting, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Nimble and cool under pressure; able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and stay well- organized even if priorities shift; detail-oriented and anticipates the needs of colleagues
- Demonstrated experience in logistical coordination and project management is required
- A clear and strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to handle communications tactfully and professionally to communicate effectively across a variety of internal and external audiences
- Technology-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required; experience with grant or donor database management a plus
- Experience in and dedication to exercising discretion in the handling of sensitive and confidential information
Ball Brothers Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and a benefits package which includes individual health insurance.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover letter addressing the following question: “Based on this job posting, how do you see yourself adding value to this role and to the Foundation?”
- Writing Sample
Please submit materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials will be accepted through October 10, 2022.