Reports to: Vice President of External Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA), a powerful network of foundations, corporations, and other social investors working together to lead change and improve lives through effective philanthropy. As a nonprofit membership association of and for Indiana's grantmaking community, IPA connects members to what they need to grow their impact. IPA members hold $21 billion in assets, make over $850 million per year in grants, and are located in all 92 Indiana counties. IPA is not itself a grantmaker.
IPA's engagement manager will support the team by coordinating membership and sponsorship recruitment, and executing activities that support and foster positive relations with members, member prospects, and key community partners.
MEMBERSHIP: Coordinate efforts to recruit, retain, and steward IPA members. Create, maintain, and track progress of annual membership recruitment/stewardship plan that includes utilizing Salesforce and marshalling progress of staff included in plan. Works with other IPA staff to coordinate outreach to prospects to encourage membership, stewards current members, and executes various projects which provide member value.
FUNDRAISING: Participates in sponsorship, grant-seeking, and other fundraising efforts, including prospecting, planning, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding.
COMMUNICATIONS: Creates and updates website content, social media posts, printed materials, and other resources that inform members, prospects, and partners. Publish weekly newsletter to members.
PUBLIC POLICY: Participates in public policy activities including position development, communications with policy makers and staff, education of IPA stakeholders about policy matters, and other work intended to advocate for and engage IPA members in public policy issues of importance to the philanthropy sector and the communities it serves.
MISCELLANEOUS: Assists IPA management team as necessary with events: i.e., legislative lunches, educational programs, etc.
ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT: Work with the IPA management team to develop and monitor IPA’s annual budget and other financial reports, and specifically manage the budget related to activities under this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or certification in related field preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required. Experience with social media, updating websites, designing documents is strongly preferred.
- At least two years proven experience in relationship development, coalition building, fundraising, sales, and/or membership recruitment is required.
Essential Skills and Experience to be Successful in this Position
- Unwavering commitment to the mission and values of Indiana Philanthropy Alliance.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, ability to consider diverse perspectives and exercise excellent judgment.
- Exceptional ability to develop plans, set priorities, and implement overarching organizational strategies, as well as specific, targeted projects.
- A proven ability to maintain cooperative, supportive, and productive relationships with staff, members, volunteers, and key external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort with business software, including databases, online communications tools, and data analysis tools. Specific familiarity with Salesforce and/or Drupal a plus.
Physical Requirement of Position
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, and stoop.
- Regular use of keyboard.
- Able to drive or travel around state as essential function of position.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, employees must comply with safety standards and are typically expected to work in the office when the State of Indiana’s Advisory Level for Marion County is yellow or blue. Otherwise, work is virtual.
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive. Benefits include group health coverage, which includes dental and vision; life insurance; short and long term disability coverage; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer sponsored retirement plan; and paid time off.
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position, but rather serves as a tool to assist the employee in this position. The existence of this job description, or any other job description, does not in any way negate Indiana Philanthropy Alliance’s “at will” employment status.