Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
How to Apply: If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RecycleForce creates a stronger civil society and increases public safety through job creation and recycling.
Development Director’s Role
RecylceForce/Keys2Work seeks to hire its first in-house Director of Development and Communications. The Director will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Board members, and staff. Director will be responsible for building a diverse, strong and expanding base of funding from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Drive RecycleForce/Keys2Work’s fundraising vision by creating, implementing and monitoring a comprehensive development strategy from the ground up.
- Oversee planning and implementation of a $2M capital campaign.
- Develop giving by individual donors, and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board to pursue transformative gifts.
- Develop and implement strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for all types and levels of donors.
- Provide support and leadership to the Marketing and Development Committee and Board of Directors related to fundraising.
- Recruit and train fundraising volunteers for the Marketing and Development Committee and other identified strategies.
- Assist in the development and writing of proposals to foundations, and oversee reporting requirements for foundation grants received.
- Develop and implement a successful digital fundraising strategy, in partnership with the Marketing and Development Committee and outside consultants.
- Supervise members of the development team, including consultants, committee members and employees as assigned.
- Attend Board Meetings as needed and requested.
- Use writing, speaking and editing skills to create powerful and persuasive cases for support, and collaborate with Marketing and Development Committee to identify needs and draft compelling narratives.
Qualifications and Experience of the Ideal Candidate
- Have experience with fundraising for social justice causes with a deep commitment to, and understanding of, racial and economic justice issues.
- Be a talented leader with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Have experience engaging with foundations, soliciting major gifts, coordinating annual campaigns, and direct mail campaigns.
- Have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task and prioritize while remaining on top of details.
- Have experience with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office Suite, and database management.
- Be competent in developing and navigating budgets and be familiar with basic non-profit financial and reporting practices, including an understanding of social enterprise and nonprofit business
- Have experience working with senior management and boards of directors, ideally in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic work environment.
- Have experience managing others, and a strong ability to recruit, train, mentor, and motivate others in support of development initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.