Wabash Valley Community Foundation is seeking to hire two (2) engagement officers.
Our Work Environment
Professional, yet fun, with supportive coworkers who are passionate about carrying out the mission of the Community Foundation to strengthen the Wabash Valley Community.
The Mission of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation is engaging people, building resources and enriching lives.
How We Carry Out Our Mission
The Community Foundation connects people who care with causes that matter. We have one primary purpose: to receive charitable contributions and invest and manage them as a permanent endowment according to the charitable intentions of our donors and enriching the quality of life within the Wabash Valley.
What We Stand For
The Core Values of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation guide the decisions and actions of our staff. We commit ourselves to:
- Integrity – We are honest and ethical in our approach. We value and respect all people and believe that building trust builds a better community.
- Collaboration – We work strategically in partnership and provide leadership, when needed to achieve our vision.
- Transparency – We communicate, both internally and externally, with candor, honesty and respect.
- Accountability – We measure ourselves against the highest standards of philanthropy, stewardship and fiscal responsibility.
Position Summary: The Community Engagement Officer supports the Community Foundation’s mission of “engaging people, building resources and enriching lives.” The Community Foundation serves Clay, Sullivan and Vigo counties, and the individual hired will assist in the Community Foundation’s overall service efforts, but will primarily be dedicated to working within one of its counties. There are two Community Engagement Officer positions available; one individual will be hired to serve Vigo County and one individual will be hired to serve Clay County.
The Community Engagement Officer will coordinate the Community Foundation’s strategies for engagement and donor stewardship, is responsible for implementing the Lilly Endowment Community Engagement Grants, and will serve as an ambassador within the community to increase awareness of the Community Foundation, its mission and opportunities for donor investment and involvement.
The Community Engagement Officer will establish and maintain strong relationships with current fund founders and potential donors and will cultivate and solicit gifts individually or jointly with the Executive Director and/or Community Foundation staff and volunteers.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Work hours are generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but alternative work hours apply as required by the position to accommodate evening and/or weekend events and meetings.
The base salary range for this position is $37,000 - $42,000, with specific salary to be determined by experience and qualifications. Additionally, the position offers a $7,500 annual allotment that the employee can choose to receive as additional wages or other benefits. The Community Foundation also provides a retirement plan and paid time off benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience in relevant field preferred and/ in fundraising, nonprofit management, public relations or sales.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with various individuals including volunteers, donors, community leaders and co-workers including the ability to recruit, motivate and organize volunteer committees.
- Be a team player.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, WordPress and social media outlets. Must possess the ability to adapt to new technology.
- While not required, preference will be given toward an individual who resides in Clay County, Sullivan County or Vigo County.
How to Apply
To confidentially apply, submit a current resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com.
For more information about the Wabash Valley Community Foundation, visit: www.wvcf.org.