The Community Engagement officer will serve as a liaison between the Wayne County Foundation (WCF) and its constituents regarding the work of the Foundation and assist with asset development functions of the Foundation. The Community Engagement Officer will work with the Foundation team to increase public awareness of the Foundation.
Community Engagement Officer Job Description:
In general, you:
- Love to write and tell stories.
- Understand the big picture, but love developing the tactics to get the job done right.
- Seek out new ideas and opportunities without waiting for specific directives.
- Are passionate about Wayne County.
What will you handle and own?
If you like wearing many hats, this is the perfect role for you. We will support you and provide general direction, but it’s up to you to focus on the following:
- Collaborate with staff to develop and implement the WCF Marketing and Communications Plan.
- Write and curate engaging donor and community related content for blogs, newsletters, social media accounts and other collateral materials.
- Responsible for the content and effectiveness of the Wayne County Foundation website.
- Coordinate the creation of content for all social media accounts maintained by the Foundation and evaluate impact and engagement on each platform.
- Participate regularly in community activities and events to enhance the image and position of the WCF. Activities include speaking to groups, participating in civic engagements, and overall immersion in the community by networking to foster a culture of philanthropy across Wayne County.
- Develop and produce digital and print materials including the Foundation’s annual report.
- Focus on expanding and enhancing Foundation donor relationships through gift stewardship planning and implementation.
- Assist with the asset development efforts of the Foundation, including planned giving, professional advisor and corporate engagement.
- Develop and facilitate the Foundation Awards Program.
- Create and manage events and activities related to donor engagement and community development efforts.
What are the requirements?
We have a vision of what this role requires, but we always focus on the right fit vs. the perfect background. In general:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of successful work experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience in marketing, website, and communication techniques.
- Knowledge of basic principles of fundraising related to charitable foundations and nonprofit organizations.
- Firm grasp and understanding of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Love to meet new people and are passionate about Wayne County.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working and collaborating with others.
What do you need to do to get an interview?
To be considered for this position, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Cover letter that explains why you’re a good fit for this role
- Links to social accounts and websites you currently manage or have managed in the past
- Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled