Job Category: Marketing & Communication
Requisition Number: COMMU003325
Location: Indianapolis Tower, Indianapolis, IN 46206, USA
At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises, so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
The Community Affairs Director works within the Community Affairs sub-division, which is responsible for leading OneAmerica’s community investment programs. The role is responsible for developing strategy, building and sustaining relationships with community partners, and managing effective charitable grantmaking programs. The position adds value to the organization and to the community by developing and implementing grant opportunities that strengthen communities where we live and work; developing community engagement opportunities for OneAmerica associates; and creating meaningful connections between our business and community partner organizations.
- Refining and implementing our charitable grantmaking strategy, adapting it as needed in response to changing community needs
- Ensuring our grantmaking processes and programs are effective and high-impact
- Administering charitable grantmaking programs - including budget management and optimization
- Developing engagement opportunities for OneAmerica leaders and associates
- Partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing consistent reporting practices to regularly report on program outcomes
- Assisting in leading OneAmerica Foundation Board meetings and activities
Required Education and/or Certifications
Recommended Education and/or Certifications
- College Degree (i.e., BA or BS) or equivalent experience
Required Work Experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience with both nonprofit and corporate organizations helpful
- Experience with grantmaking and Foundation operations and/or governance helpful
- Even if your background does not precisely match this job description, we still invite you to apply
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
Salary Band: 07A
As a condition of employment, OneAmerica requires that all new hires who received a job offer on or after 11/1/21 provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 within 60 days of their start date of employment with OneAmerica, unless an exemption has been granted as an accommodation due to the individual’s medical condition, sincerely held religious belief, or other legal requirement. Once employment begins, new associates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination through the confidential and secure HR Service Center process within 60 days of their start date. If a new associate is unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, the associate will have three weeks from the associate’s start date of employment to submit a request for an exemption for review and consideration by OneAmerica.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of OneAmerica associates are currently working remotely in accordance with our safety protocols. The selected candidate will be expected to temporarily work remotely for an unspecified period of time as determined in OneAmerica’s sole discretion. When normal business operations resume, the selected candidate will be expected to physically return to work in the office located in Indianapolis, IN.
If you are offered and accept this position, please be advised that OneAmerica does not have any offices located in the State of New York and OneAmerica associates are not permitted to work remotely in the State of New York.
Disclaimer: OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For all positions:
Because this position is regulated by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, if an offer is made, applicants must undergo mandated background checks as a condition of employment. Such background checks include criminal history. A conviction is not necessarily an absolute bar to employment. Consistent with applicable regulatory guidelines and law, factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered.
To learn more about our products, services, and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies.