To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with references to Wendy G. Rose, Executive Director, Community Foundation of Pulaski County, P.O. Box 407, 127 E Pearl Street, Winamac, Indiana 46996. Email submissions are acceptable to: email@example.com. Deadline to apply is September 9, 2021.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PAYROLL STATUS: Full-Time, Salaried
OVERTIME CLASS: Exempt
The Community Foundation of Pulaski County Communications/Outreach Officer position is a key staff position, responsible for developing messages to engage and inform donors, prospects, advisors, and others about the services and programs of the Foundation. Managing communications and executing marketing activities will include asset development, donor stewardship, promotional strategies and special events. Officer may be requested to assist other members of the team to enhance the foundation’s performance and contribute to CFPC’s position as a valued resource in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Communications and Marketing responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the overall communications strategy of the Community Foundation of Pulaski County, including print, web, email and social media marketing pieces.
- Develop publicity pieces/releases for new endowments, donations, grants, CF programs and newsworthy activities of the CF to be used across applicable mediums.
- Coordinate the management of the Foundation brand through all marketing materials.
- Coordinate with staff in all marketing, website, social media and communication efforts as it relates to scholarship program, grantmaking and development efforts.
- Develop annual report and coordinate its production.
- Coordinate outside marketing, design, printing jobs, etc.
- Become skilled in use of donor management system to take full advantage of features.
- Ensure that all publications are current, accurate and effective in conveying a professional, high quality image of the Foundation.
- Prepare and maintain marketing information on various aspects of Foundation work.
- Maintain and update website and social media accounts, their design and look across all pages; collaborate with staff on content.
- Manage and improve the Foundation’s use of social media.
- Assist in developing the messages and stories the Foundation uses in its work.
- Design forms and electronic surveys, ads, invitations, presentations for special events and other marketing activities.
- Assist in planning and implementing special events (annual meeting, open houses, professional advisor workshops, scholarship/grant/donor recognition).
- Design presentations for special events and marketing activities.
- Prepare scripts for CF presentations as needed
- Produce regular stakeholder correspondence, including printed letters and postcards, electronic newsletters, etc.
Key Outreach responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director to plan and implement short and long term development plan intended to retain donors and secure new funds and planned gifts.
- Manage the development work plan.
- Serve as liaison to Resource Development Committee.
- Assist in planning and implementing strategies to steward current donors, develop donors and prospects.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with potential and current donors.
- Develop and implement donor engagement and education programs.
- Coordinate professional advisor workshops/seminars.
- Assist with special activities to increase Foundation visibility among donors.
- Oversee The Legacy Society, ensure proper recognition of legacy gifts, and encourage new members.
- Focus a portion of time on planned giving such as wills, bequests, charitable trusts, etc.
Special Event Planning
- Coordinate outreach events including annual meeting, scholar/grant receptions, donor luncheons, etc.
- Prepare and manage special event budgets.
- Serve as ambassador of the foundation by making presentations to various groups as appropriate. Coordinate volunteers.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide and ensure highest level of customer service/donor confidentiality. Attend educational philanthropic conferences/webinars.
- Participate in staff, board, and appropriate committee meetings. Assist staff with scholarships and grants as directed.
- Enhance Foundation donor relationships thru good stewardship practices.
- Create/maintain procedure manual for the Communications/Outreach Manager responsibilities. Identify best practices and recommend updates to policies and procedures.
- Assist in overseeing CFPC interns, supervising as required.
- Participate in team-oriented approach to problem solving and fulfillment of duties.
- Perform other duties related to the daily operation and management of Foundation activities as assigned by the Executive Director to fulfill the objectives of the Foundation.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business, English or similar.
- Minimum of one year work experience, preferably in the charitable sector and/or with a community foundation.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working and/or volunteering within the nonprofit sector.
- Knowledge and skills in public relations, marketing, event planning, website and communication techniques.
- Excellent command of written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge and skills in computer technology and system/software applications, desktop publishing software and social media applications, knowledge of database management.
- Graphic design a plus.
JOB-SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to complete in-house production of layouts, mock-ups, design pieces
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Ability to work with and lead a committee of volunteers
- Ability to travel within the county and to occasional conferences outside the area
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality, integrity and discretion when working with donors
- Experience with a development/donor database (FIMS, Network for Good…)
- Technical savvy
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong time management and project management skills - able to manage multiple projects/deadlines
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making capabilities with the highest ethical standards
- Experience working with a board of directors and committees
- Familiarity with Pulaski County community and community partners
- Attention to detail
- Courteous, considerate of others
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Commitment to improving quality of life in Pulaski County
The position may include lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs. Sitting, standing, walking, and lifting are included. Acute verbal, hearing, and visual senses required for communication. Work environment includes various locations in office and public. Manual dexterity and visual capability to use computer, audio/visual, and general office equipment are necessary. Must have schedule freedom to work varying hours, including evenings when necessary.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Compensation commensurate with skill level and expertise. Health and retirement benefits. Full-time, approximately 40 hours per week. Exempt position with flexibility for special events and meetings scheduled beyond the standard office hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.