Do you believe that libraries change lives? Are you skilled in strategic communications and/or other areas? Indiana Library Federation is seeking a team player with marketing/communications skills to help carry out our strategic communications plan, and if seeking a full-time position, to be responsible for communications and another area of responsibility.
Indiana Library Federation's communications involves both internal and external strategies'1) internal to strengthen the relationship with ILF's members and the library community, and to promote services and events; and 2) external to increase awareness for various stakeholder groups about the value of libraries and their innovative services.
Applicants should describe their specific skills and relevant experience with the following marketing strategies:
- Management of brand, messaging, and promotions of events and services;
- Creation, editing, and sourcing content for website, newsletters, videos, and social media;
- Design of campaigns, graphics, messaging materials, promotional materials, and website;
- Utilization of data and metrics to assess effectiveness and to improve overall communications.
As we rebuild our staff team, this position could be part-time for communications only or full-time with responsibilities over communications and either resource development, public policy advocacy, data analysis, or online learning. Note that we do not expect any one candidate to have all skills; the priority is demonstrating excellent communications skills and being a team player in a small office.
Applicants for full-time should describe their specific marketing skills outlined above and at least one other area of responsibility below. Please include specific software proficiencies.
- Resource development – developing grant proposals, seeking sponsorships from vendors, and increasing a small base of individual donors.
- Public policy advocacy –writing sample messages, policy briefs, and helping members with grassroots advocacy.
- Data analysis – analyzing data about library services and trends, using Tableau, and creating reports.
- Online learning – designing and facilitating interactive online training that increases skills and confidence for adult professionals.
For all positions, ILF requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, creativity, excellent organizational and prioritization skills, teamwork, adaptability to changing conditions, and a commitment to the mission. ILF staff work collaboratively with each other and with our members.
The ideal candidate would be defined as: positive, flexible, internally motivated, collaborative, a fast learner, and a person of high integrity.
Minimum of 2 years' experience in marketing, communications or related field. Proficiency with Adobe (for MS Office environment) and knowledge of basic website processes and routines. Bachelor's degree preferred. Please provide both resume and cover letter addressing your applicable skills and experience.
ILF is a mission-driven, statewide nonprofit organization with an office located on the northside of Indy.
Part-time staff become eligible for pro-rated benefits, including retirement.