Summary: As an integral member of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team, the Associate Director will work to establish new partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with corporate and foundation partners that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term priorities of the University. The Associate Director will work closely with administrators, faculty and staff to develop a deep understanding of the strategic areas of importance and secure financial commitments from corporate and foundation partners.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with nearly 20,000 students enrolled in over 120 areas of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with its nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning corporate and foundation relations team will play a critical role it the success of that effort.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporations and foundations in support of the priorities and mission of Miami University.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 50 corporate and foundation prospects.
- Take active steps to develop positive, long-term relationships with key corporate and foundation executives, funding officers, recruiters, and other staff of current and potential corporate and foundation donors.
- Build relationships and collaborate with faculty and staff across the University to stay informed on academic priorities and programs.
- Promote and leverage effective working relationships with the Office for the Advancement of Research and Scholarship (OARS), the Center for Career Exploration and Success (CCES) and other campus partners.
- Foster and exemplify a holistic approach to working with corporations and foundations.
- Update and maintain donor and prospect information in the database system, and utilize system tools to strategically manage a portfolio of prospects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in business development, fundraising, sales and/or a comparable role. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in an educational setting with expertise partnering with corporations and foundations
- Experience in the collection, analysis and use of data
- Working knowledge of computers and database management
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.