Summary: The Associate Director of Development, College of Arts and Science will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the College of Arts and Science.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over a 120 different fields of study. The College of Arts and Science is the oldest and largest college at Miami and has over 48% of the student body enrolled in its majors and 100% of Miami students will take one or more classes within the college. The College currently has over 82,000 living alumni.
With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
- Serve as one of several departmental liaisons for the College of Arts and Science at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives
- Actively participate in the campaign for the College of Arts and Science
- Solicit annual leadership and major gifts
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans including proposals involving tax planning; gifts of real estate; personal property; securities; and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance
- Develop and implement service, cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of the Division of University Advancement staff, faculty and administrators
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Director of Development for the College of Arts and Science and the Senior Associate Vice President for the Division of University Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in development, fundraising, and/or sales. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with a donor database system
- Experience in customer development and sales/solicitation
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.