Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of the business functions of University Advancement.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis, following a successful period of six (6) months of employment. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Assists University staff, faculty, and students; answers inquiries and provides information.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
- Responsible for daily record of gifts received through our phonathon and online giving programs.
- Help onboard new Annual Giving staff
- Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
- Professional business experience and office management.
- Familiarity with Banner Finance and/or Advancement modules; experience using BI.
- Experience handling budget adjustments, journal entries, travel reimbursements.
- Familiarity with University accounting and purchasing procedures and guidelines.