Share your giving data and Get on the Map!
Powered by Candid, Get on the Map is an data-sharing initiative designed to dramatically improve the quality and availability of giving data for Indiana.
Why Share Your Grants Data?
- Take control of your story. No one knows your grantmaking better than you. Tell your story, your way.
- It's good for the sector. Join the community of funders sharing their data to ensure the field has the best information to act on.
- It's easy. Just export your grants data and submit. Candid's software partners make this even easier with pre-formatted reports.
Share Your Data in 2 Easy Steps
- Export a complete list of your most recent grants data in a spreadsheet following Candid's template. Candid's software partners have made this easy by building this report into their systems.
- Email your grants file to email@example.com.
Your Data Powers These Resources
- Your OWN Grant Map—As soon as Candid processes your data, you will receive your own interactive giving map. Sample (Available for eReporting IPA members)
- Foundation Maps: Indiana—IPA’s custom version of Foundation Maps shows you information by other participating members. (Available for IPA members only)
- Indiana Foundation Stats—IPA’s dynamically-updating giving dashboard visualizes Indiana’s most current giving priorities, populations served, and strategies. (Share this with your community)
- Candid's COVID-19 Funding Map—Information gathered is publicly available and updated daily. You can see a list of grants meant to benefit Indiana, or a link to highlight grantmaking by funders in Indiana.
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO)—FDO helps nonprofits connect to the resources they need to do their work. Although a subscription service, FDO is freely available at our more than 400 Funding Information Network locations.
- Foundation Landscapes—Public websites that combine data visualization tools, original research, and more to illuminate critical issues in philanthropy. Examples of landscapes in which your data may be included (if relevant) are: Community Philanthropy Directory, Funding for Early Childhood Care & Education, COVID-19 Funding, Racial Equity Funding, YouthGiving, and more. These projects aim to reduce duplication of efforts and encourage cooperation between different philanthropic actors.
- Research reports—Strategic decisions are only as good as the information that goes into making them, so our researchers analyze and interpret the most current philanthropic data to get you the insights you need.
Read this blog to learn more about the benefits of Get on the Map.