Is Your Family's Giving Prepared for the Future?
IPA's annual Family Philanthropy Symposium is coming to you, with 3 locations throughout Indiana!
9/19 (11am-2pm): Michigan City (CANCELLED)
To register, click on the link above to the location closest to you.
Family giving serve two purposes - to fulfill a philanthropic mission and to keep family members connected to each other and family legacy. Current trends in philanthropy and society are challenging both of those purposes. And, families’ expectations and goals for both purposes will inevitably evolve. This session will look at some of the trends and offer ideas for adapting governance, family engagement, and operational strategies to successfully navigate the trends and changes.
Each event features Tony Macklin, CAP®, a chartered advisor in philanthropy who has led a national family foundation and has experience working with donors within a community foundation.
$45 for members of IPA; $55 for non-members
- Learn of and understand how emerging giving trends will impact and shape your family giving
- Network with organizations and individuals that can strengthen philanthropic impact within your community
- Be introduced to a list of free resources that help address key family philanthropy challenges
- Have your toughest questions about family giving and engagement answered by a professional who is a chartered advisor in philanthropy (CAP), has lead a national family foundation, and worked with donors within a community foundation.
- Families and philanthropists with foundations, donor-advised funds, and other philanthropic tools
- Staff of family foundations and family offices
- Staff of community foundations working with donors and families
- Professional advisers (tax, legal, wealth, accounting, and others) interested in philanthropic planning, family business, and family legacy work
- Businesses where the company’s giving is directed primarily by the owner’s family