Power-Packed Data for Grantmakers Helping Hoosiers Achieve Financial Security
Join the Indiana chapter of the Asset Funders Network, Prosperity Now, Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, and the Central Indiana Community Foundation for a deep dive into select data points that can be used not only to describe the nature of financial security and economic mobility, but also to learn about which policy and programmatic solutions drive the most impact.
- Data available from the Prosperity Now data scorecard for Indiana, and discover which policies and approaches seem to drive positive outcomes.
- Data available from the Equality of Opportunity Project.
- Funders in Indiana using this data to inform grantmaking strategies.
- Lebaron Sims, Senior Research Manager, Prosperity Now
- Solana Rice, Director for State & Local Policy, Prosperity Now
- Andrew Black, Program Officer, Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Moderator: Jobi Cates, Program Officer, Indiana Asset Funders Network
Who Should Attend?
- Staff at foundations that provide or want to explore providing funding for financial security or economic mobility related programs
- Communications staff who use data about low and middle income people in their messaging
- Funders who want to educate their board members and volunteers about these issues in their communities
You must be logged into the website to register; then click the "Register Now" button above. If you do not have an existing account, you may register for one here. Please allow 48 hours for account approval, or for immediate access you may contact Marilee Steckler at 317-630-5200 Ext. 113.
Please contact Catrena Morrow with any questions by email or call at 317-630-5200 Ext. 110.
About The Indiana Asset Funders Network
Indiana AFN is a regional chapter of grantmakers who invest in opportunities for low- and middle-income individuals and families to build economic well-being. Members include private, public, corporate, and community foundations, public-sector funders, and financial institutions who want to help Hoosiers secure economic stability, for now and for years to come. Indiana AFN connects funders and their peers in the nonprofit, public, and private sectors. Together they share promising programs and smart strategies, gather knowledge to make their grantmaking more effective, and work to increase investments in asset building.
What is Asset Building, anyway?
Asset building is how individuals, families, and communities gather the resources that will move them towards economic well-being, for now and for years to come. Asset building makes prosperity achievable. That’s why funders across sectors are investing in asset-building strategies for greater impact in low- and middle-income communities.