Philanthropy's Role in Our Changing Communities
Indiana funders are finding new ways to incorporate a more diverse range of community members and underrepresented people into their work.
Join IPA and powerful local voices in philanthropy for a deep dive day that explores emerging trends in diversity, equity, and inclusion in Indiana and in our sector.
This program features the work of Indiana foundations who are adapting to changing demographics and populations. Learn how these organizations are measuring the impact of their investments, tracking outcomes, and translating theory into practical application.
Seasoned philanthropic experts will explore how diversity, equity, and inclusion broadly impact the work of philanthropy and teach participants how to apply it within their foundations. We will be joined by Una Osili and Michael Twyman, PhD, of IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy who offer guidance in translating theory into practical application. Pamela Ross of Central Indiana Community Foundation will share an inside perspective on the foundation’s process to develop a brave new mission focused on supporting underrepresented communities with Inclusive City strategies. Wendy Sedlak, PhD, and Paola Santana of Lumina Foundation will explore equity as it relates to educational attainment. And, we will also hear from Paty Alonso of the Clowes Fund about their efforts to address immigrant and refugee issues.
During this program, IPA will share the latest on United Philanthropy Forum’s Census 2020 project. This project is funded through a grant from the Joyce Foundation with the goal to educate and increase awareness among our members and key stakeholder groups about the census and the importance of an accurate, fair, reliable count.
- Una Osili, Associate Dean for Research and International Programs, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy (Professor of Economics and Philanthropic Studies; Dean's Fellow, Mays Family Institute on Diverse Philanthropy)
- Michael Twyman, PhD, InExcelsis Consulting
- Pamela Ross, Vice President of Opportunity, Equity and Inclusion; Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Wendy Sedlak, PhD, Strategic Director of Research, Lumina Foundation
- Paola Santana, Strategy Officer for State Policy, Lumina Foundation
- Paty Alonso, Program Assistant, The Clowes Fund
- Becky Honeywell, Director of Member Relations & External Affairs, Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
- Kallie Sulanke, Community Engagement Officer, The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County
- Tracy Souza, President/CEO, Heritage Fund-The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County
- $50 for members
- $100 for non-member funders