Agape Therapeutic Riding Resources believes that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope. The mission is to cultivate personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse facilitated experiences. Founded in 1986, Agape has now been serving central Indiana for 34 years and currently operates three sites – Greenfield, Martinsville, and Cicero.
- 1:00 – 1:15 | Registration and waiver signing
- 1:15 – 1:50 | Transportation provided to the site (Bus leaves promptly at 1:15.)
- 1:50 – 2:30 | You are invited to come learn about the variety of programs offered and the benefits of equine-assisted learning and therapies, as well as, who is served and who the community partners are. The outing will give you an opportunity to learn about Agape’s history and give you a glimpse into the exciting future in store as the organization heads into a capital campaign. You will also hear from fellow foundation members who have supported Agape’s work – how and why.
- 2:30 – 3:15 | What would a trip to the barn be like without spending time with horses? Those who volunteer will have an opportunity to step foot in the arena and be hands on with the horses to gain insight as to why horses are such great teachers. Others can observe from the stands. Leadership, boundary setting, respect, empathy, trust, assertiveness, and communication will all be put into practice during this activity. All participants will learn a little about horses and a lot about life and yourself.
- 3:15 – 4:00 | Finally, there are always things to be done around a barn. Grit and grace is often the motto. Part of the visit will include a volunteer portion where you will assist with a special project and/or routine maintenance. May be planting flowers. And, yes, may be cleaning stalls.
- 4:00 – 4:45 | Transporation back to conference hotel.