Family Foundation Webinar Series | Collaborating to Achieve a Common Goal
Collaboration to achieve a common goal is often encouraged, but rarely do those involved have a shared understanding of what it means to collaborate, nor do they know how to collaborate. Too often, the result is coblaboration. Join us to explore the three essential elements of effective collaboration and explore practical lessons on the how of collaboration. The presentation will provide you with tools and guides that will help you determine whether you’re ready for collaboration, and help you identify the resources and types of leadership necessary to sustain a collaboration that can achieve a common goal. This program is hosted by Philanthropy Ohio.
Unable to attend the live webinar? Register now and receive the recording and slides after the webinar has completed.
- Understand the concepts and strategies related to effective family philanthropy.
- Learn with like-minded family philanthropy professionals in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois.
- Use tools and best practices to design and implement effective family philanthropic strategies.
The series is designed for staff involved with family foundations or advised funds at a community foundation; however, grantmakers of all types are invited to attend.
President, Civic Collaboration Consultants, LLC
Chris Thompson, president of Civic Collaboration Consultants, LLC, will share the three essential elements of effective collaboration and provide practical lessons on the how of collaboration based on more than a decade of experience. The presentation will provide you with tools and guides that will help you determine whether you’re ready for collaboration, and help you identify the resources and types of leadership necessary to sustain a collaboration that can achieve a common goal.
About Family Foundation Series
The Family Foundation Webinar Series is presented by Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, Forefront, Council of Michigan Foundations, and Philanthropy Ohio. Together, these regional associations hope to harness and share the collective expertise of each state’s leading philanthropic organizations and trusted community partners. By participating, you'll join colleagues from across the Midwest and beyond who are eager to find new ways of thinking smarter and performing better when it comes to family philanthropy and grantmaking.
- 02/08/2018: Determining Donor Intent When the Donor is No Longer Engaged (hosted by Indiana Philanthropy Alliance)
- 05/17/2018: Cultivating Next Gen Leaders (hosted by Council of Michigan Foundations)
- 08/09/2018: Collaborating to Achieve a Common Goal (hosted by Philanthropy Ohio)
- 12/13/2018: Balancing Personal and Family Philanthropy (hosted by Forefront)
IPA Members ($35 per webinar): To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
All Others ($50 per webinar): Those who do not already have an online account to IPA's website may register through the Council of Michigan Foundation’s (CMF) website here.
Please contact Catrena Morrow with any questions by email or call at 317-630-5200 Ext. 110.