Managing an individual’s interest is vital in deciding where and whom to give. That gets complicated for family foundations who are managing multiple perspectives that may or may not align with the original vision for their foundations giving. The program will discuss how to navigate and engage a philanthropic family with many divergent interests while effectively blending personal and family giving. This program is hosted by Forefront.
The series is designed for staff involved with family foundations or advised funds at a community foundation; however, grantmakers of all types are invited to attend.
- Understand the concepts and strategies related to effective family philanthropy.
- Learn with like-minded family philanthropy professionals in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois.
- Use tools and best practices to design and implement effective family philanthropic strategies.
About Family Foundation Series
The Family Foundation Webinar Series is presented by Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, Forefront, Council of Michigan Foundations, and Philanthropy Ohio. Together, these regional associations hope to harness and share the collective expertise of each state’s leading philanthropic organizations and trusted community partners. By participating, you'll join colleagues from across the Midwest and beyond who are eager to find new ways of thinking smarter and performing better when it comes to family philanthropy and grantmaking.
- 02/08/2018: Determining Donor Intent When the Donor is No Longer Engaged (hosted by Indiana Philanthropy Alliance)
- 05/17/2018: Cultivating Next Gen Leaders (hosted by Council of Michigan Foundations)
- 08/09/2018: Collaborating to Achieve a Common Goal (hosted by Philanthropy Ohio)
- 12/13/2018: Balancing Personal and Family Philanthropy (hosted by Forefront)
IPA Members ($35 per webinar): To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
All Others ($50 per webinar): Those who do not already have an online account to IPA's website may register through the Council of Michigan Foundation’s (CMF) website here.
Please contact Catrena Morrow with any questions by email or call at 317-630-5200 Ext. 110.