Corporate Giving Webinar | How Equity, Economic Security, and Livable Wage Investments Impact Your Company’s Bottom Line
A strong economy supported by a secure workforce is important. Jobs that pay livable wages and provide good benefits afford workers the disposable income to increase economic security. More often than not, we lean on Corporations to advance the cause of the livable wage through their social responsibility and improve the well-being of American workers.
This program will discuss successful livable wage strategies used by corporations and provide ways to increase the value of jobs while strengthening the business. We will also cover the intersection of increasing wages and asset building: some of the reasons there's discussion and uptake among employers for living wages, various policy moves to increase the minimum wage to $15, and how funders can support growth in wages as well as broader asset/wealth building strategies.
The series is designed for staff involved with corporate foundations, giving programs, or advised funds at a community foundation; however, grantmakers of all types are invited to attend.
- Lawrence Bowdish, PhD, Director of Research and Issue Networks at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Corporate Citizenship Center
- Meredith Covington, Manager of Policy & Analysis at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Taryn MacFarlane, Indiana Regional Program Officer at Asset Funders Network
About Corporate Giving Series
The 2018 Corporate Giving Webinar Series is presented by Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, Forefront, Council of Michigan Foundations, and Philanthropy Ohio. The series is intended to help business professionals think smarter and perform better when it comes to combining their corporate mission with philanthropic action. The programs in this series offer data supporting the need for corporate philanthropy and development strategies to help giving programs succeed.
- 1/18/2018: CSR as a Tool to Support Workforce Development (hosted by Philanthropy Ohio)
- 4/19/2018: Healthy Businesses Fuel Healthy Communitites (hosted by Indiana Philanthropy Alliance)
- 7/26/2018: How Equity, Economic Security, and Liveable Wage Investments Impact Your Company’s Bottom Line (hosted by Forefront)
- 11/8/2018: Creating an Effective Communications Strategy (hosted by Council of Michigan Foundations)
IPA Members ($35 per webinar): To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
All Others ($50 per webinar): Those who do not already have an online account to IPA's website may register through the Council of Michigan Foundation’s (CMF) website here.
Please contact Catrena Morrow with any questions by email or call at 317-630-5200 Ext. 110.